Chapter 7

Dedicated to @charcrazy14 'cause she loves drama. ;)

********

Riley Chance's POV

"What do you mean you don't remember anything before you were ten?" Alec asks as he steals a glance in my direction with a curious expression on his face. He looked so cute with his furrowed eyebrows and slightly crinkled nose.

I mentally shook my head at my thoughts. He was hot and all, and I was, well, me. There was no way he'd even be interested in a second date with me. I bet Jamie was the one who actually set this date up, most probably by constantly nagging him.

"What's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" He asked but this time his sexy brown eyes had a hint of amusement in them. Bastard.

"Nothing."

"Well, at least tell me why can't you remember anything?"

" Well, when I turned ten, I met with an accident with a car. I hit my head pretty hard and also, I have a grueling scar on my stomach." I added the last part in disgust. It was so ugly and stomach turning, that sometimes I hated looking at myself in the mirror.

"It's okay, Le. It's just a scar." He said softly. How could he even say that? It was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen!

"It's ugly, Alec. Trust me." I hissed. I knew exactly what he was trying to do.He was trying to say nice things just so that I felt better, but I knew the truth very well.

"No part of you can ever be ugly, Le. I bet that scar is the prettiest feature of your body." He said with such determination that I almost believed him. I shrugged because I didn't want to argue with him because no matter what he said, it was pathetic.

Both of us didn't speak for a few moments lost in our thoughts. He probably might be thinking it was a mistake to ask me out. I wasn't even that pretty or hot. He would not bother after this date.

I don't know why but the thought made my heart heavy, as if I needed him to be here, right next to me for my whole life. Do dear Lord, am I going crazy?

"So, where are we going? Because I am pretty sure we're out of Millerton. " I said trying to talk about something else that wasn't do disheartening. It was like I just couldn't tolerate him being sad because of me. I didn't even know the guy and I already cared for him. He probably wasn't even interested.

"Le, it's a surprise.''

"Le?"

"I wanted a pet name only I could call you and 'Riles' is totally unoriginal." He grinned. Finally someone who believes in originality. I grinned in reply, and turned the music on.

It was some new pop song, 'She looks so perfect' by 5SOS, I guess.

"- but don't move, honey.

She looks so perfect standing there,

In my American apparel underwear

And I know now-" I immediately changed the station because it was awkward. The guy was singing about a girl in his underwear. I don't kmow about you, but on a first date...Awkward, much?

Luckily on the next station some random song was playing so it wasn't so bad. I stared ahead trying to figure out where we were going but on either side of the road were thick patches of forests, which looked a bit scary if you ask me.

"Are you planning to kill me and dump my body out here? Cause mind you, I always carry pepper spray with me." I joked, even though it was true. I never went anywhere without pepper spray. I learned it the hard way in New York when a couple of strangers began following me but luckily I managed to flee.