The wolf I'm with

PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT THIS IS A SLASH STORY AND PLEASE DON’T READ IF NOT WANTED. THANK YOU!

 (Patrick's POV)

I lay in my bed with Alyssa cuddled on my side, she wraps her hands around me while I did the same to her. We’ve been together for seven months and I’m crazy in love with her, but in just a few months I would turn seventeen – the age a werewolf makes their senses even stronger. We are also expected to find our mate as we step that age. But I don’t worry about that, I am pretty sure she would be my mate. I love her so much than anything else. I glance at the clock and it says 11:38. Better take my rest for school tomorrow. I groan remembering that hellhole of a place. I sigh and prop myself to comfort and let sleep take over me.

                I wake up feeling my side empty. I search for Alyssa but instead I saw a note that said she’d gone home while I was asleep because her father called her informing that her mom is coming back from out of town. I got up and prepared for a run. When I ran into the woods in my wolf form, a new scent hit me, indicating a new human to protect in this small town. Werewolves and the government are pretty much connected to each other. The government proposed a deal to us; to protect the people in this small town from the rogue wolves and in return, we would be provided with all our needs.

                The town is separated into two districts. The district one; the town, and are protected by the Alpha’s. The district two; the woods and the outskirts of the town, serving as a first line of defense are the Beta – us. But being a son of a Beta is much less stressful and more of a free young wolf than being a son of the Alpha, they are expected to be more disciplined and trained to be a leader of the pack.

                I followed the scent and it leads me to the river. As I came closer, I heard a melodic instrument being played; a flute. I hid behind a tree as I listened to the alluring sound and soon it was over. I transform back into my human form to meet the new stranger. But being the idiot I am. I forgot that I’m naked with no clothes to cover my body. I decided that I could swim and come out of the water for my body to be still covered. I sneak into the water and started to swim towards the rock that he is sitting.

                “Hi.” I say as I lifted myself up from the water. He shrieked and fell to his back with a groan. I’m sure it would cause him pain, and I wanted to help but with my situation now. It would be a big no.

                “You know, you shouldn’t do that! You might kill someone with a heart attack.” He replied chuckling and getting up, using the rock as support.

                “Sorry, it’s just that you’re so lonely down here and it really is dangerous here.” I said while laughing lightly.

                “I could also say that to you…” he replied not looking at me. His eyes full of sadness. But even before I could speak, he said “I better go now. My aunt would be worried if she finds out I’m not there at the bed resting.” And he started to walk off.

                “Hey! Wait…” I shouted, he turns around and even when it’s dim, I could perfectly see his eyebrow rise. “I’m Patrick. Will I see you again?” I asked. Don’t get me wrong,  I’m just worried and I felt the urge of comforting him when we see each other again.

                “I’m Sterl. And maybe.” He replied smiling and began to walk off.

                I got back to the house to see a very worried face of Alyssa’s father. And I didn’t like the feeling of his presence here. He held his hand and I saw the bracelet I gave to Alyssa on our first day together.

                “She’s gone.” Was all he said and I started to panic.