Chapter 1

The only antidote

to mental suffering

is physical pain.

~Karl Marx

----

Lost another one, huh..?

Before I explain what's happening at the moment, let me introduce myself. My name is Hana Hisa which means "Everlasting Flower" in Japanese. I'm currently 18 years old and just had recently moved in a two story house in a peaceful neighborhood. Before I moved in, I was in an orphanage. Yes, I was an orphan. My parents abandoned me on the streets after I was born.

I didn't really care much. My feelings are mutual. Also, I have a disease called Congenital Insensitivity to Pain with Anhidrosis or CIPA. It is part of my family's disorders called HSAN, which stands for Hereditary Sensory and Autonomic Neuropathy.

I wasn't the type of person who socializes with other people. I felt awkward and embarrassed around people. Maybe I was born that way. Maybe I was used to being alone. The kids my age in the orphan would bully and tease me for having light pink hair.

I don't care what they say about my appearance or my flaws. I won't change for some idiots who needs to get a life.

Nevertheless, I also had trust issues. I've built walls around me, but I don't know why I keep letting people enter my life. It's always the same. Enter then leave. And right now, it happened again. I thought I would actually trust him, but he's the same as the others.

Cruel and heartless.

I've met him in the park and decided to be friends. We've talked for a while, but then he suddenly disappeared. I knew he was there. Then, I had the feeling he was avoiding me. And now, I'm right here, laying on my bed and staring up at my ceiling.

It was already night time and I should be asleep. But, I couldn't. I don't have insomnia. Sometimes, I have trouble sleeping. While I was spaced out, I felt something furry on the back of my hand, making me look down to the my fluffy companion I've always loved.

Eevee.

I've found him hiding behind a slide in the playground at the park not too long ago. He looked so sad and lonely that I didn't have the heart to leave and ignore it. So, I decided to take him with me which made him happy.

"Hello Eevee.." I muttered, rubbing his furry head.

Eevee gazed up at me happily and nuzzled his soft, furry head against my palm. Eevee was calm and quiet most of the times. Also, he looked like the Pokémon Eevee. He had similar brown fur, fluffy neck and tail and pointy tall ears.

I smiled slightly and looked at the digital clock on the beside table. It read 11:30pm.

"Let's go to sleep now, Eevee.." I muttered, covering the both of us with my blanket while Eevee buried himself on my chest.

"Goodnight.."

----

The next day..

An annoying buzzing sound rang into my ears, making me wake up slowly. Yawning softly, I sat up and stretched my arms and back. As I tried to shut the alarm off the digital clock, I smashed it and made it shatter into pieces.

'Another broken clock..' I thought.

I'll have to write down somewhere to buy a new clock later. I looked over at Eevee who was sleeping beside me peacefully. Smiling a bit, I slowly got off my bed, making sure not to wake him up. After that, I went inside the bathroom and decided to take a shower.

After a while, I got off the shower, wrap myself with a towel, brushed my teeth and applied cream and daily lip balm. Then, I walked out of the bathroom and headed towards my wardrobe to get my clothes. I noticed Eevee awake as he sat on the edge of the bed, watching my every movement.

"Good morning, Eevee." I said, rummaging around my wardrobe.

Finally, I got out a white woolen sweater that has "Music" written on it with black, light denim shorts, a long blue scarf, white knee length socks and black mini boots.

After changing into the clothes I have chosen, there was a sudden doorbell heard from downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled and held Eevee in my arms.

I walked down the steps with Eevee in my arms and headed towards the main door of the house. Once I opened it, no one was there.

"Must be the kids.." I muttered.

Eevee tugged on my scarf and pointed down with his fluffy tail. As I looked down, I saw a card board box left on my doorstep.

"Huh?" I said, kneeling down to it.

I placed Eevee down beside my feet and held the box which was surprisingly light as a feather. Closing the door behind me, I headed to the living room with Eevee following behind me as I placed the box on the coffee table.

"What could it be?" I asked, looking down at him who motioned me to open it.

Sighing, I opened the box which was completely empty. I stared at it for a while before saying:

"I've been fooled."

Eevee was jumping up and down, trying to see what was inside the box.

"It's empty. See?" I said, lifting him up and showing him the empty box.

Eevee jumped out of my grip and into the box and started to do something with it.

"What are you doing Eevee?" I asked, looking at him.

Eevee was scratching the side of the box which revealed letters. I tried to make out what was written.

"M-make.. A.. Wish..?" I muttered out loud.

Eevee nodded eagerly, waiting for me to say a wish.

"Are you tricking me, Eevee?"

Eevee shook his head and pointed at the written note.

"Alright alright." I sighed. "I'll make a wish."

Eevee smiled happily as I smiled back in return.

"I wish.. to be in the world where I truly belong.." I muttered out.

Suddenly, the box, Eevee and I started to glow. Eevee jumped into my arms as I suddenly felt dizzy.

"W-what's going on..?" I spoke out in an audible whisper.

And with that, black spots started to fill my vision.

----

Hello~

This is my first DMMD fanfic and I don't know much about it yet so don't blame me!

I'll try to understand the plot before updating a new chapter, but tell me what you think about this chapter.

Don't forget to

VOTE

&

COMMENT

Ja ne~

----

Edited (23/01/015): Typos, added and changed some words, subject-verb agreement