Chapter 26

(Kevins P.O.V)

I rode in the back of the ambulance, watching as the doctors worked on him in the small space.

"More antibiotics, and make sure he doesn't wake up" a doctor ordered. I really hope he's not in a lot of pain. I can't believe the condition he was in. Blood dripping from his nose, mouth and other small cuts. He had bruises littering his stomach and legs and his wrists were cut up again. I wonder if Steven had done that or if it was his father.

"W-will he be ok?" I asked, tears steadily falling down my face. One of the paramedics looked at me with a sympathetic look.

"We don't know yet sweetie. We will try everything we can but so far he looks good. His father did quite a number on him" she said. I gave her an appreciated look and looked back at Stevens motionless body. He had tubes running up his arms and his breathing was steady. I hope he will be ok. I can't lose another one I care for.

We soon arrived at the hospital and Steven was taken right away. They told me to stay in the waiting room until I was aloud back in. I brought my knees to my chest and sobbed into them. People walked by, patting my back or giving me a sympathetic look. I didn't take much mind to them, I just stayed silent besides my obnoxiously loud sobs. I waited and waited and waited and the sun had even gone down. How long has it been? An hour, four hours? It felt like forever, I just wanted Steven, here and alive.

"Sir, Sir. Wake up" I felt someone nudge my shoulder. I looked up, sadness obvious in my eyes.

"I wasn't sleeping" I whispered and let my knees go back off the chair.

"Steven is asleep at the moment. The stab barely missed any internal organs but he did loose a lot of blood. His others injuries included, two broken ribs on his right side, many deep cuts on his wrists and thighs and also.... We ran some tests and took some samples and it seems as there was sexual abuse from the evidence left behind". I had lost it, I broke down once again in many sobs and the doctor tried to comfort me.

"Sir, would you like to see him? You may stay the night" he said, sympathy obvious in his voice. I nodded weakly.

"Right this way" he led me to the room at the end of the hallway. He slowly opened the door and I frowned once more, tears now silently falling down my face. He looked better, if anything. Tubes ran up his arms and even his legs. His face was no longer deathly pale and his breathing was normal. His hospital shirt was open and it revealed a wrapping around his stomach and thighs along with his arms. I pulled a chair up to the side of his bed and held his hand gently.

"Thank you" I mumbled.

"I'm sorry sir. What was that?" He asked.

"Thank you, for saving him. I love him" I said weakly and smiling at his sleeping face.

"Just doing my job sir. We will check on you two in the morning" he said and left

---------------------------------

Sad story time. Ok so I was in the car on my way home from a restaurant when I got a call saying that my grandmother is in the hospital. She's 87 by the way and I am extremely close to my grandparents. They said she will be fine and that her breathing got slow. but right then and there I had a mental breakdown. I cried and my parents somehow didn't notice but I cried hardcore cause I realized one day your gonna lose them and there's nothin you can do about it. your gonna lose your parents and your grandparents and you can't stop it. And there is the story of my mental breakdown, have a nice day #Muchluv

-Hoopinater