Chapter 18

(Kevins P.O.V)

I watched as the sun was about to start setting. I parked the car in an open space and helped Steven get out.

"Come on, I want to show you something" I said and took his hand in mine. We walked up a hill that led to a cliff.

"Watching the sunset? I never pictured you as a cliche type" he said and sat on the edge next to me.

"Do you not like it?" I asked, disappointed with myself.

"No, no. It's cute, I love it" he said and kissed my cheek. The sun began to set and I pulled Steven into my chest. He buried his back into mine and I wrapped my arms around him, his hands on top of mine. The sunset was beautiful and romantic. I could feel love start to blossom and my stomach felt like millions of butterflies were trying to get out of me. Really hope he can't feel my heart beating, even though I'm sure he could cause it felt like it was about to beat out of my chest.

The sun slowly disappeared and I tightened my arms around Steven, kissing his cheek and standing up with him.

"Come on, dates not over yet" I said and smiled, walking back to the car. We got in and I continued to drive.

We soon got there and I parked in a spot, helping Steven get out and walking in hand-in-hand.

"Reservations?" The hostess asked. I gave him a 'are you fucking kidding me' look and he winked at me.

"Right this way sir" This is my friends restaurant. The guy who owns it is the one leading me to my table now, his name is Dan. He is one of my best friends and is married to a guy named Jordan, who is our waiter for tonight. He led us to a table of two, it has a nice candle in the middle and rose petals on the table and seat. We sat down, across from each other and Dan spoke up.

"What would you like to drink?" He asked and pulled out a notebook and pen.

"Um, just water" Steven said. I sent him a glare, knowing he just doesn't want me to spend my money on him.

"We would both like a strawberry daiquiris" I said, watching as he scribbled out the water and wrote my order. Dan left and Steven sent a glare at me. Man, if looks could kill.

"What did I do?" I asked innocently. He rolled his eyes and took my hand in his, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb.

"I don't want you spending to much on me" he said and looked down at the menu.

"Why?" I asked, honestly curious.

"I'm not worth it" he said in a whisper. I was shocked for a moment by his answer. Does he really think that?

"Hey, your worth every penny. Your worth more than my own life and I would risk everything for you. Don't you dare think that again" I said and looked into his eyes.

"I'm sorry to interrupt the moment but what would you like to eat?"... Fucking Jordan. I glared at him and kicked his shin. He whimpered and held his ankle in pain.

"Asshole" I murmured "I would like fish and chips". He nodded and turned to Steven. I squeezed his hand to let him know if he picked something cheap I would change his order.

"Same as him" he said and smiled at me. I smiled back and Jordan went back to his station. We waited in peaceful silence until I broke it.

"Steven, um, a-are you depressed?" I asked, nervously. He nodded slightly and pointed to his scars.

"Obviously" he said.

"W-why?" I stuttered. "Why are you depressed?"

"That's like asking me why I'm gay. I can't control it, but I think it's mostly from my family" he said and played with his hair. I frowned and Jordan came with our food.