Tears and Reunions?

A/N: The quote above would be a thing from Irene's POV about Rosé.

Chapter 28

Rosé's POV

Sunday - August 12, 2018

"I appreciate you trying to help, but I don't think anything is going to work right now. Roman couldn't do anything either so he's at his friend's now." Kai sighed at my rejection to his attempt at making me smile.

"I tried." I looked down, feeling guilty for upsetting him.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. It's not your fault." He tilted my chin up and then looked at me concerned, "How much sleep did you get last night?"

"Not much. Maybe a few hours. I had four but after two o'clock, maybe one."

"Since I'm not able to make you smile, I could at least help you with sleep. Come on." He stood up and grabbed my hand before bringing me over to the bed. "Go to sleep. You need it. If your mom has news, I'll wake you up."

"Thank you, Kai."

"Always." I laid down like he asked and compared to last night, fell asleep pretty quickly.

----------

After a good five hour nap, courtesy of Kai, I was finally not tired. Well, not as tired. Upset, yes. Very. He put on a random TV show on Netflix but I wasn't really paying attention.

"Honey, can you come downstairs, please?" I picked my head up immediately hearing my mom shout for me.

I hurried downstairs with Kai close behind. "Yeah, mom. What's up?"

"Did your father tell you he was going on a call this morning?"

"Yeah, but when I asked him about Jungkook he didn't say anything. I assumed it was something else because I told him to tell me. Why? Is dad okay?"

"Yes your father is fine, but Rosé, this was about Jungkook."

"No. Mom, no, please." She walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. I could tell she mouthed something to Kai because he soon left the room but I didn't care. My mind was completely blank.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. Your father is at the hospital right now with him." I immediately let go and made my way toward the door. I guess she told Kai to start the car because he was outside waiting in my mom's van. I got in the back with him and my mom got in the front before driving off. I took out my phone and texted Nari that I was on my way to the hospital now and that I would tell her which one when I got there. It took us a while to get there and I looked at the signs as we passed. The last one I saw said Daegu. Not long after that, we arrived at a hospital in Daegu. I texted the name to Nari before getting out with Kai and entering the hospital. My mom asked one of the nurses at the front desk for Jungkook's room. All of us then hurried to the second floor. I found my dad with another officer talking while waiting outside one of the rooms so I ran ahead to get to him. I looked through the window and I swore I could actually hear my heart breaking. Multiple doctors and nurses surrounded him, trying to get him to breathe. Soon, my mom and Kai came up behind me.

I instantly turned to her, "Mom, do you know what happened?"

"No, but your father might."

I looked over and saw my dad still talking with the other officer. After a few minutes, the other officer walked away.