Drug Deals and Homework

Chapter 4

Rosé's POV

Wednesday - December 19, 2017

I entered the cafeteria and quickly found my friends sitting at our usual table. There was only three of us, but no one else really sat with us.

I sat down across from them, "Hey guys." They just stared at me as if I had five heads. "What?"

"Just, hey guys. That's all you have to say after ignoring our texts yesterday?" Jennie asked pretending to be annoyed.

"Sorry. I was babysitting yesterday and I wasn't exactly looking at my phone all the time," I defended.

"It's okay. At least you got a job. Unlike Jennie." Kai bumped his shoulder with Jennie's in a joking matter.

"We are not talking about me, Kai. Now, Rosé, how was it?" Jennie questioned putting the spotlight on me.

"It was good. The little girl, Talia is so adorable. But her brother is so annoying."

"Ooh, she has a brother? Is he hot?" Jennie immediately asked since I had mentioned a boy. I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, yeah. But he's an asshole."

"Why does that always happen?" She pouted making Kai and I laugh.

"I don't know. I was wondering the same thing."

"Can you please stop talking about boys?" Kai interjected obviously not amused by our conversation.

Now Jennie laughed. "Alright fine. So, we're all meeting at your house on Friday, right?" She directed at me.

"Yep."

"Hey, do you guys know why we were even invited to Chungha's party? It's not like we're her really good friends." Kai asked the same thing I've been wondering for a while.

"Oh, she invited the entire senior class. Since it's our senior year and it's the last Christmas break of high school, she invited everyone over whether she was really good friends with them or not," Jennie explained. I guess that makes sense. We quickly finished our food before the bell rang and we went back to class.

----------

The school day finally ended and I was free. I got everything I needed from my locker before leaving the building getting into my car. I drove to Talia's school which was a few blocks away to pick her up. Since she doesn't get out for another five minutes, I waited in my car. I checked my phone and turned it off silent and in the process saw I received a new message. It was from Nari. I forgot to give this to you Monday. 201-$$$-$$$$. This is Jungkook's number. I know you probably won't need it that much, but just in case. I quickly responded with a thank you before getting out of the car to wait by the door for Talia. It wasn't much later when she came running over to me.

"Hi, Rosé." She excitedly skipped to the car.

"Hi, Talia. Did you have fun at school?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow is a half day since Christmas break is coming up. Are you still gonna be babysitting me over break?"

"Probably. Nari still has to work."

"Okay, cool." She remained silent after that just staring out the window. I parked the car outside their house and luckily this time, I had a key. I unlocked the door and Talia immediately ran past me to the kitchen. I shut the door and followed her in.