Early Mornings and Interrogations

Chapter 15

Rosé's POV

Thursday - February 8, 2018

The bus pulled up at the school after picking us up from the concert venue. That's what project graduation was, a concert. Well, live music from the band made up of students in my grade. Not that I'm complaining, I had a lot of fun. Especially there was more to do than just watch them. There were soccer fields and basketball courts along with lots of food. Despite how much fun it was, I feel like I could pass out any moment. I sat on one of the steps closer to the street with Jennie. Kai had left right away. Like he got off the bus and barely said goodbye before leaving. Though I don't blame him, he had a lot to drink and he looked exhausted. I texted my mom to come and get me, so I just talked with Jennie, waiting for a reply. That was until her ride showed up. She bid goodbye and left. My mom hadn't replied for a few minutes. She usually answers right away. I called her, but she didn't pick up. I then called my dad and he didn't answer either. My last resort, Roman. I called my brother hoping he would pick up and could at least tell me where mom is. Unfortunately, he didn't pick up. What is up with my family today? I'm sure my dad is at work so I could understand him. Roman probably slept in, but my mom knew she had to pick me up. I checked the time and saw it was seven-thirty. No wonder everyone isn't picking up, it's so freaking early. I looked around to see if any of my other friends were still here, but no luck. I really didn't want to walk home. I'd probably collapse halfway. I called the only other person that I knew, more like hoped, would answer. I let out a sigh of relief when I heard his voice."Hello?" Wow, his voice was practically an octave deeper.

"Hi, I'm sorry for waking you."

"No, it's alright. What's up?" Jungkook asked.

"Well, no one in my family is picking up the phone and I kind of don't have a ride."

"So walk."

I scoffed. That was not what I was expecting. "Rude."

He laughed, "I'm just kidding. I'm coming now. What street you on?"

I rolled my eyes, "Rosewood."

"Okay, I'm on my way."

"Thank you." I could finally relax.

"No problem. I love you."

"I love you too." I hung up the phone and placed it on my lap. Now all I have to do is wait. I leaned my head against the railing, my eyes starting to close and I could feel myself beginning to fade. I opened my eyes after what felt like hours when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You okay, Rosé?" Jungkook asked looking worried.

I nodded, "I'm just extremely tired."

"I can tell." He grabbed my hands and helped me up before pulling me into a hug. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah. The grade's band performed, others played sports and ate food. That was really it."

"That's cool." He started explaining as we walked over to his bike, "For my project graduation, the teachers took us to the local gym and basically locked us in. We had the whole place to ourselves. The pool, the basketball courts, everything."

"That sounds fun, I guess. If you enjoy sports."

"I guess that's why I had fun." We both got on the bike and he drove back to his house which I kind of expected him to do. We entered his house and before he could even say anything, I went upstairs and collapsed on his bed. I heard him enter a few minutes later. Then a few seconds later, he laid down next to me. "You look very pretty."