Nicknames and Feelings

Chapter 11

Rosé's POV

Wednesday - January 2, 2018

I was awoken the next morning by phone's alarm going off. I groaned before rolling over and turning it off. I forced myself to get out of bed so I could get ready for school. I picked out something comfortable and quickly got dressed. I then grabbed my backpack before making my way downstairs. I put my bag down at the bottom of the stairs, went to the bathroom, and once finished, I grabbed it again before entering the kitchen. I made something for myself to eat quickly before I had to leave. I sat at the table and made small talk with my family as they got ready as well. Once I was finished, I picked up my backpack and left the house. My family did notice that I was a bit happier at breakfast than I usually am. I had to make up something stupid, so I just said new year, new me. It seemed to work since they stopped asking questions. And speaking of asking questions, once I arrived at school and made it to my locker, Kai and Jennie were already waiting there. Jennie probably told Kai a little bit about what happened.

"Based on the fact that you didn't come back to your house for hours and I didn't receive any sad messages, I'm going to assume everything went well." Jennie instantly started as I opened my locker.

It's still weird to think that Jungkook is my boyfriend now. I shyly fumbled through my locker as I responded, "Yeah. Everything went well."

"And?" Jennie prompted since my response was vague.

"And as of yesterday, I have a boyfriend." Saying that out loud without blushing is definitely going to take some time. Kai, who had been silent the whole time, wrapped his arms around me in celebration.

"My child finally has a boyfriend," He faked sobbed.

"I told you he would feel the same way," Jennie teased. "I am really happy for you."

"Thank you, Jennie. And Kai, you don't even have a girlfriend so shut up."

"Yes, but you would not shut up about Jungkook so I'm glad you guys are together. And even though he is two years older than me, I'll still beat his ass if he hurts you." Kai released me from his embrace.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "There will be no need for that." Scaring Jennie half to death, the bell rang.

"Saved by the bell. I will be asking for details of what happened yesterday at lunch," Jennie warned as she walked in the opposite direction.

Kai and I are in the same homeroom, so I shut my locker and we both walked toward the classroom, his arm hanging over my shoulder. "Rosé, in all seriousness, I'm really happy for you. Just by the way you have talked about him, it's clear that you don't just like him, you love him," Kai stated surprising me.

"I don't know if I would go that far. At least, not yet. We only started dating yesterday, I think we're a little far from that four-letter-word."

"Alright, no pressure. I just hope you're happy."

"Thank you, Kai." I side hugged him as we reached the classroom. We sat down in our seats near the back of the room as the teacher began taking attendance. "Oh, before I forget, you can't tell anyone about Jungkook and me."

"Okay, but why?"

"Because you know that both of my parents don't really like him and I don't want them to find out. They will eventually, I just can't have that happen yet."

"Alright, I won't tell anyone. You better tell Jennie that next period before she tells someone. You know how she gets when she's excited."

"I know. Hopefully, she hasn't blabbed to anyone yet."