Chapter Twenty-Eight

Iris’s POV

“How are we going to find them?” I asked Abby as I followed her back to her room with Cain following close behind.

“I’ll explain when we are alone,” she said her voice low as she opened the door to her room. Her room was much like mine but faced east as the sun bathed the marbled floor in gold. The doors onto the balcony were open letting a gentle breeze blow the sheer white curtains dance in waves. “Sit down we have a lot to discuss,” Abby sighed.

Cain sighed, dropping down into a chair as I did, Abby was acting weird and it started to scare me a little. “So what do you wanna tell us?” Cain asked.

I turned to Abby. “I’m waiting on someone then I’ll explain.”

“Come on Abby, I haven’t got all day,” I sighed.

“I’ll take all day if I have to Iris!” she snapped. “I’m not doing this for my health, I’m waiting on someone much older and higher up in my coven than me to explain your and the world’s future to you!”

“Be still Aura,” A gentle voice broke through Abby’s outburst. Abby still eyes widened in alarm before she snapped her head round to look at the woman who had spoken.

“My lady,” Abby rushed up as my eyes widened. The woman stood in front of us was Eve from The Unmated Ball but instead of shoulder length chestnut hair it was long and wavy. Her chocolate brown eyes twinkled with age and a small smile played on her pink lips. Eve wore a navy blue cloak with the hood up and underneath was a pair of black skinny jeans and a corset top.

“Now Aura, please call me by my real name,” she smiled gazing over Abby appearance. Today Abby wore a dark green tight fitting tank top and a grey skirt that ended just below the knee with swirling patterns in white thread. Around her waist was a tick brown belt with a gold detail and a big gold buckle. She was also wearing a pale pink cardigan with tiny flowers down the front and three layered necklaces. Her hair was a wavy mess around her pale face.   

“Sorry Grandmother,” Abby bowed her head as I nearly chocked.

“Grandmother?” I gasped as I once again gazed over Eve’s appearance. She was the same height as Abby but other than that they looked nothing alike. Eve had no sign of aging and looked around twenty the same age as Abby looked.

“Yes Iris I am Abby’s Grandmother,” Eve gave a dazzling smile.

“I don’t understand, you’re Eve but you’re a witch.” I shook my head, “how the hell did you get into The Unmated Ball?”

“Well I did a little magic,” she winked.

“But Grandma...” Abby began.

“I’ll explain later Aura,” Eve sat down taking her hood down.

“I don’t understand,” Cain said suddenly. I turned to see the confusion on his face. “So you’re like twenty and Abby’s grandmother, this whole thing is fucked up.” He shook his head in disbelief as I chuckled at him. I could understand how he felt I didn’t understand at all what was going on.

“I’m Sefa the third Origin witch and I had a daughter who then had Abby or the true name she wears which is Aura.”

“Why have you got different names?” Cain asked.

“Well we change them every forty years so that it seems like we have died, if we carried the same name for over a thousand years then humans would pick up on it, wouldn’t they?”