Chapter Twenty-Six

*A/N Check out the next chapter of Innocence!!

Chapter Twenty-Six

Iris’s POV

“Who is Cain?” Robbie growled.

“Who’s Valentina?” I narrowed my eyes crossing my arms over my chest, one eyebrow raised.

“Iris,” he growled low taking a step towards me.

I didn’t know what came over me but I mirrored him “Robert”

He suddenly pushed me against the wall, his tick arms trapping me. “God damn it Iris,” he barked. “Who, the fuck is Cain?”  

“I ask you the same question,” I pushed against his chest.

“I think I’ll just go,” both our heads snapped towards Eliza as she backed away slowly. “Yeah okay,” she turned and ran.

“Iris, tell me,” he narrowed his eyes as they began to turn raven black.

“Tell me who Valentina is then?”

“God damn it” he turned away. “You’re mine Iris,” he growled punching the wall a few meters away from my head.

I gasped “What the fuck Robert!” I barked feeling heat fizzling at my finger tips as my anger started to rise. What if that had been me?

“Iris you are mine,” he growled again pinning me against the wall again. This argument was wearing thin.

I pushed him with as much force as I could muster managing to get enough space between us so that I could duck under his arm. “You see this,” I pointed to the area where my neck joined my shoulder. “I don’t see a claimant mark, do you? So no Robbie I’m not yours.” And with that I turned and started to go.

 He grabbed my hand. “Iris...”

“Save it dick” I growled letting the heat that was radiating from core travel down my arm towards my hand. He gasped letting go.

I couldn’t believe he would walk into my room growling, dragging me out demanding why a man was in my room. When I had tried to explain and woman touched his arm, telling him to calm down. I had only learnt her name when Eliza had growled it.  

I soon found myself walking down a gravel path, ranting to myself. The cool evening air cooling down my flaming cheeks as the darkness began to press against me.

“I didn’t mean to intrude earlier,” a sickly sweet voice entered my hearing. I spun round to see the girl from earlier, my eyes narrowed. “I am Valentina by the way,” she stuck out her hand. “It’s nice to finally put a face to your name,” she smiled too sweetly. “However,” she looked me up and down. “I didn’t expect you to look so... unique.”

“Yeah well,” I shrugged not caring what this whore wanted. “No offence I have no idea who you are,” I glared.

She chuckled. “I suppose he wouldn’t want you to know,” she smiled.

I couldn’t help but pick up the Italian accent that seeped threw her words. Was this the formidable Aletta? Had she simply just changed her name? And if so why was she here? Or more importantly why was I still here? If she was back then surely he wanted her back and I should just disappear with Cain and Harper. Sadness washed over me at the thought of leaving. I cursed myself for get attached to Robbie, letting myself dream of a life with him.

“And why is that?” I raised an eyebrow, trying to put on a brave face.

“Well I am a part of a very dark past,” she shrugged. “One that he tried very hard not to bring back here.” She muttered the last part. Hope fluttered in my chest before it suddenly died, but he had brought her back!