Cain's Story

*A/N If you didn't know I have a twin so follow her on instagram Frankisaur (she made me do it)

Once there was a river. A river as clear as fine glass, had the purest water known to the world. A village sat upon its edge, using the water to wash and drink but they were not the only ones who wished to uses these waters. A rival village wanted the water all to themselves so they poisoned the water to kill any who drank from the river. They lay in wait as they watched the villages drink.

To their complete dismay all the villagers that drank did not die. A River spirit, a male Naiad, had taken all of the poison and had now fallen gravely ill.

Soon that night, the sick Naiad fell into a deep state of unrest as he drifted to sleep that night. He had envisioned himself walking in the halls of Poseidon. In the great Throne room sat the Lord himself with his golden trident.

The Naiad fell to his knees, “My Lord please, I beg of you, to cure my river and protect it!” he cried out.

Poseidon looked down upon the sickened Naiad with pity. “I am sorry, youngling. I cannot purify your river!” His voice rumbled like a storm at sea. The Naiad hid his face in his hands as his tears fell.  “It is impossible to purify something without tainting another. The only way for me to cure your river is to change you into that which is harming your river.” The hysterical Naiad agreed to do whatever it took to save his beloved river.

 Poseidon thought long and hard about what he was gonna do. The young, sick Naiad was loyal to his river and therefore he did not wish to harm him. So Poseidon thought about the purest thing he knew, a newborn child. Humans had polluted his beloved river but as a newborn, the young Naiad wouldn’t be corrupted.

“You love for you river is astounding and as long as you are alive in your new form, your river shall be forever in my care and will return to what it once was.” The young Naiad smiled but before he could even thank the God before him he disappeared.  

The Naiad woke trembling as his skin tone changed from a blue-green to sun kissed. His sea weed coloured hair darken to a rich glossy brown and he began to shrike, slowly from adult to teenager, from teenager to child and from child to a small baby. His internal working changed to that of a human; his gills replaced by lungs as the river deposited him onto the shore.

A young woman, who had come to wash, stumbled upon him. She wrapped her arms around him and he opened his eyes, his eyes were the colour of the river, a clear blue. The woman smiled as she began the walk home as the perfect name came to her.

“Cain Clearwater,” she whispered to the infant in her arms.

When Cain had reached a hundred and his adoptive mother had long since died he started to weaken. Poseidon had done what he was asked but Cain was tiring. So he waded out into the middle of the roaring river and shouted, “My Lord, I am but a great age and I am afraid my river shall fall when I pass onto the next world. Please help me!”

Poseidon once again heard his prayers. “Are you willing to live over and over again to protect your beloved river, then live once and die leaving the river at the mercy of humans?”Cain agreed and once again Poseidon was amazed by his love and utter devotion to his River. “I have heard your prayers and I shall grant you what you wish.”

The water around Cain began to swirl and twist in shapes, forming wild horses, their hooves crashing around him, enclosing him in a swirl of clear water. “Cain Clearwater, your utter devotion to your river amazing me. I have never seen such a relationship between Naiad and their river before. When you reach a good, age and feel yourself weakened, you will feel a pull to the water. As you step in you shall disintegrate into water. And when the next wave crashes onto the shore, a baby shall wash up, a new version of yourself each time. But be warned Cain Clearwater this is binding and if you are murdered you shall not come back!” Cain nodded in understanding. “You’re one of four,” and with a wave of his hand the water washed over him.

Cain knew what he was, he was water but he knew deep in his heart that he shall forever worship Poseidon and him only. Cain disintegrated into the water and at the next wave’s touch, a baby’s cry could be heard on the shore. Thus the second Element was born, water. The Younger brother of The Phoenix

______

So I'm a bit stuck on what I want to write for the next chaper so I thought I would give you this back story for you guys. I hope you like it and whoever helped me come up with this can you messaged me I've had a few messages since and have misplaced yours eek sorry :/

Anyway I hope you liked this update and sorry if it is taking so long to update :/ Also I have a nre story called "The Girl That lived" it is a Harry Potter Fanfic check it out for me guys? ;) thanks

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FOLLOW

Love Abbie

xxx