Chapter Four

“KittyKatlin01 for skipping homework time for my story – Abbie xxx”

WARNING VERY SHORT CHAPTER AHEAD! SORRY!!!!!

Iris’s POV

The ballroom was silent as we re-entered the crowded room, every single pair of eyes homed in on our intertwined arms. I shifted uncomfortably, trying to remove my arm from his but he didn’t seem to get the message and tighten his grip. All of the female’s eyes just seemed to rip me all apart as I gulped down my fear and my eyes flickered to the ground.

“Can I just go sit down?” I whispered so only he could hear me.

“Yeah,” He smiled sweetly down at me leading me tow where my father was sitting.

“Thank you,” I muttered taking a seat and so did Robert. Didn’t he understand in was causing a scene, panic started to settle in as all of my thoughts started to collide. Why was he doing this? How could I get away? When could I leave?

I could feel the irregular heart beat in my chest as it banged against my rib cage trying to escape. A sick feeling rooted itself in my twisting stomach. My hands suddenly became clammy and cold as I began to shake.

“Are you okay?” Robert’s voice met my ears.

“Yes,” I muttered through my heavy, panicky breathing.

“Iris, sweetie” my father’s voice cracked through my sheer panic. “I need you to take deep breaths” he bent down in front of me, his kind, and old face taking my sweaty hands. “Love you don’t need to be afraid!” He tried to reassure but I could still feel their eyes.

“Dad I wanna go,” I said as I fell apart inside.

“Alright sweetheart,” he nodded.

“Is she having another one?” a new voice met my eyes but this one was a little more icy than my father’s.

“Yes Harper she is!” father almost snapped.

“Is she gonna be okay?” Robert asked irrupting.

“Yeah, it is just a panic attack your highness” My father said.  

“Oh your highness I am Harper,” he voice suddenly became all light and airy.

“Hello,” Robert’s voice became stiff and unfriendly. “Is there anything I can do to help her, sir?” Robert asked my father, his voice softening.

“Could you get everyone to stop looking and watching us,”

“Yeah!” Robert stood but stopped “How?”

“I don’t know, you’re the prince,” My father shook his head. “Dance with Harper or something while I get her outside,” he shrugged.

“Oh yeah,” Harper clapped. “That is a god idea,” I could almost hear him groan as she dragged the poor prince away to dance.

*** Robert’s POV

I watched from the castle balcony the city lights tearing the starless sky apart. I watched her disappear into her car, the wind blowing her around. I was completely infatuated by this girl and the best thing was she didn’t seem to even care about me. I exhaled deeply sipping my whisky. How was I going to get her to agree to become my Queen? And was it me who had caused such a panic today?

Guilt filled my inside as the rest of the guest seemed to slowly disappear. Ideas rushed and swirled around in my already lethargic brain. Tonight had not gone as plan. I had hope to have picked a girl and been married within the year but life has a habit of making things difficult; not only had I wanted to pick a girl who shock fear into the heart of my subjects but I had this feeling she would reject me.

“Robert” a voice shattered through my thoughts like they were thin sheets of glass.

“Yes” I half-heartily replied.

“Did you find your Queen tonight or are you still bent on the fact you can rule without a wife?” My father’s voice filled the air around me.

“I found one” I sighed turning to him.

“So why did you not announce her to us?” He puzzled. “Was it that pretty little thing in the pink dress?”

“No,” I answered harshly. That girl was never gonna be my Queen. She was too shallow and too much like my one night stands. That is what I had hoped to get out of tonight many girls who would share my bed, not this. Tonight I would be sleeping alone longing for a girl who I couldn’t have!

“Then who, son?” He asked.

“A girl no one would want me to have,” I muttered turning and going back into the castle that had held me prisoner for 20 years.  

***

So this is another chapter! What do you think? I am not too sure what is going to happen next so it might take me a little while to upload the next chapter, so sorry!!

Tell me what you think!! Thank you so much for reading, commenting and Voting so much!! :3

Love

Abbie xxx

Ps I was thinking about changing the name of the story, any ideas?