Chapter Three

"GruntWife thank you for loving my story! :) xxx" - Abbie

 Robert's POV

I watched her gracefully float across the dance floor to the double door. She was beautiful in an almost haunting away that I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. Who was she and more importantly where was she going?

I hadn’t noticed her when I had entered the ballroom, nor when I was eating. It was like she wanted to be invisible to me and if it hadn’t been for the fact that I was bored out of my mind that she had caught my attention. She wasn’t dressed like the other girls that where falling at my feet. She didn’t wear the tightest, biggest or brightest coloured dress.  She looked like she was trying to be a ‘plain Jane’ but she was too beautiful to be just that.  I noted that most of the males in the room were drawn to her however she seemed to just brush them off like she didn’t need them.

“I beg your pardon,” I excused myself from my Sister, Elizabett and some girl in a bright pink dress. I took from my throne and gliding down the steps as fast as I could however before i could make it too far I saw many girls trying to grab my attention but I only wanted one girls.

“I will be back in a few moments, ladies,” I assured as I made my way out into the entrance hall to follow my mystery beauty.  

    * * *

Iris's POV

I wondered down a lengthy, cream corridor that was lined with old paintings of ancient Kings, Princes, Princess and Queens; they were the kind of paintings where their eyes followed around the room. The corridor was dimly lit by torches of golden flames and off this corridor I pasted many oak doors in till I reached a double door made from a pearly white door etched with gold and engraved with ivy leaves.

I couldn’t suppress the itching to walk inside. My hand soon found the cool, gold, and rounded handle of the door. I checked that the coast was clear before turning the handle slowly so not to make a noise. The door opened with a click, and the smell of dust and parchment paper filled the air around me. I had found a library.

The Library looked welcoming. A cosy square room filled to the brim with old and dusty books, dilapidated squashy armchairs and old rickety wooden tables. A fire crackled merrily in a white marble fireplace and table lamps lit the room with their golden light. A smile crept onto my face as I took in the room. The windows were high arching but the moss green curtains where drawn closed to shut the night out. A bunch of fresh lilies sat on an old rickety table by the window. This was my kind of room.

I went forward to the first shelf to my right. These books were all leather bound with gold etching and heavy, creamy pages. Most of them had broken spines which made me smile as I traced each one with my fingers. These books had once been loved and that was the way it was meant to me.

“I take it you like books?” a voice appeared causing me to drop the book I was holding and my breathing to become unsteady. I even think a small shriek escaped my now fading red lips. “Sorry I did not mean to alarm you,” the voice was smooth and rich but also getting closer in till a large hand picked up my navy blue book. “Here,” he handed me the book.

“It is fine,” I took in a long, deep breath trying to calm my pounding heart. I placed the book on the shelf become turning to the man that had almost given me a heart attack. To my shock it was not who I had expected.  

The prince had a square shaped face and a jaw line that looked as if it had been chiselled from granite. His chin was covered with a rough shadow which gave his face an even more of a rugged look. His eyes were emerald green and deep set almost hooded and framed with long black lashes that casted shadows onto his high cheek bones. His eyebrows where black and held a slight scowl but his lips where dusty rose and full that now held a slight smirk to them, his jet black and slightly messy in style. Altogether I could understand why so many girls wanted him with his black suit that fitted to his muscular, broad chest and his tall manner. I however found him terrifying and I wanted to be as far away from him as I could.

“Normally people bow to me when I join them in a room,” he stated after a while of my long silence.

This comment seemed to wake up my manners as I bowed. “Sorry, your Highness,” I apologetically whispered.

“No need...” he waiting for me.

“Iris your Highness,” I kept my eyes on the polished wooden floor.

“No need Iris,” he tested my name. “And please do call me be Robert or maybe you could bring yourself to even call me Robbie” He winked.

“As you wish” I muttered still studying the floor.

“Anyway” the Prince tried to grab my attention. “Why is a pretty girl like you alone in a Library?” he question causing me to blush crimson.

* * *

Robert's POV

Her ivory complexion flushed a rosy red at my comment. I couldn’t stop the want to see her blush like that again and again at my compliments. She was beautiful even with her honey coloured hair was wild and her ruby eyes. What surprised me the most was the fact I didn’t find her eyes disgusting as you would have thought I would have, I found her eyes oddly beautiful and the more I looked at them the more I wanted this girl.

“Because I like books” she whispered studying the floor as if was a great piece of art by one of the great masters.

“Well Iris I do believe we should go back to the ball,” I said grinning down at the petite girl in front of me. Confusion soon crossed her tiny features.

“Why?” she questioned looking me in the eye for the first time.

“Because I would like to dance with the most beautiful girl in this Library,” I answered.

“Err I am the only one in here,” she raised one of her high arching eyebrows up at me.

“I mean you,” I shook my head before taking hold of her small arm. “Well me lady do you care to dance?” but before she could answer I started walking back to the ballroom and back to the hall with the crazy she-wolves. But at least I hold the most beautiful girl on my arm and no other male werewolf had and with this thought in my head I and Iris re-entered the ballroom.

So I haven’t really checked this chapter and I am not sure on the ending either but I wanted to upload for you guys! So sorry for any mistakes!

I want to thank you all for voting and commenting and I would reply to all of you but there is a few and I don’t have enough time!

I hope you like and tell me what you think!!! :DDD

Love Abbie xxx