Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Iris’s POV

“Prince Robert and Miss Iris of the Iron wolf pack,” a man in black announced as we entered the ballroom. The ballroom looked different from last. The sun rushed in from the high arching window bathing the room in golden light filled with dust that danced in and out of the rays. The marble glittered in the light. There was no candle light but the room was lit with gold from the gold etching of the roof and the gold inlays on the floor that I hadn’t noticed before.

A woman sat on a throne and Eliza stood next to her grinning at me. They both wore fine silks and their hair styled and make up done. They looked beautiful apart from the woman sitting down wore a glare that was directed at me.

“Robert,” a man’s voice boomed as the double doors near the thrones burst open. The King himself rushed through grinning broadly at us. The king was a tall man with dark chestnut hair that was washed with grey, his face lined and his eyes a sparkling ocean blue and a board smile. He hugged Robert in a fatherly-like-fashion before turning to me. He smiled kindly. “And who might this be?”

I bowed. “Iris of the Iron wolf Pack your highness,” I replied in a smile voice.

“And why has my son brought you here?” he gave a small smile to Robert who blushed red. I was ignored him and turned back to the King.

“I do not know your Highness,” I said stiffly.

“We will talk about this later father,” Robert said in a polite voice.

“Oh right,” grinned the King. I was surprised how the King acted; he did not act like a real king but a excited old man. “Come see your mother and Eliza,” The King grinned again. “I suppose you have met my beautiful daughter, Eliza?”

“Yes your highness,” I replied as I followed Robert and the king towards the glaring Queen and smiling Eliza.

“Iris meet Elizabeth,” the King took the hands of his daughter.

“Hey Iris,” She grinned giving me a hug which I returned.

“Eliza,” I grinned.

“Excuse me,” the Queen stood. “But when you greet a Royal Princess you call her your highness or by her full name, only family and friends may greet a Princess by her nickname,” the Queen scolded.

I blushed. “Sorry your highness,” I lowered my head.

“Good,” he nodded. “You must learn your place, you are a commoner not a Princess,” she glared. “Just because you’re one of Robert’s new Whores doesn’t make you any different,” she brushed past me.

I was too shocked to even speak.

“If this is your bride,” Robert’s mother nodded to me. “You have picked poorly,” she snapped in disgusted. “Aletta was a fitting Princess and this is just a common girl with freaky eyes and not a very pretty one at that,” she left the hall.

“I am so sorry,” Eliza said after the Queen had left.

“It’s fine,” it wasn’t but I kept the tears in I would let them fall when I was way from them on my own.

“It is not fine,” Robert said.

“I do apologize for my Wife’s behaviour Iris,” the King frowned. “She’s been under a lot of stress of late,” he came up with an excuse. “Don’t let it get to you. She very fond of a young lady names Aletta she had hoped Robert and her would marry,” he explained without giving too much away.