Chapter Nine

“anb162 thank you for coming up with the name!” – Abbie xxx

“Also thank you to PyriniaHesione for coming up with the start story” – Abbie xx

Chapter Nine

Iris’s POV

There was a time when the four elements lived in harmony. Four sprits who didn’t just control the elements but they were the elements. There was Cinder the Phoenix, Cain clear water, Eden of the apples and Gaothaire Free Wind. For a while these siblings lived in happiness, loving each other. But when man arrived everything changed. With man came their Sprit, the sprit.

The Sprit was jealous of their great power. He wanted to be the most powerful element so the Sprit came up with a plan. He made the Immortals.

I woke from my deep slumber. Abby had frozen up and wouldn’t speak of the Immortals or anything else for that matter so I left her to her crazy mind.

“Morning sleepy head,” Robert’s voice my ears as I walked into the kitchen. He was sitting at the table eating cornflakes. It seemed odd seeing a Prince eating my cornflakes, in my house.

“Morning,” I muttered not really being a morning person. I grabbed a mug of hot steaming coffee, black before flopping down into a seat across from Robert.

“Well you’re not a very good morning person,” he laughed as I banged my head on the table.

Wincing I looked up. “No I love mornings,” sarcasm dripping from my words.

“Iris,” my mother’s voice meant my ears. “That is no way to speak to the Prince,” she scolded. “I am sorry your highness,” she bowed her head as I rolled my eyes.

“It is okay,” Robert Chuckled, his emerald gaze glittering in the morning light.

“Iris you’re staring,” my mother commented.

“No I am not,” I quickly looked away as my skin flashed red like a ruby. I could hear Robert’s deep chuckle and knew that I had been caught. I sighed turning to look back at him. “What are you doing here anyway?” I asked.

“Iris manners,” My mother barked.

“Your highness,” I said bowing my head too.

“Please don’t call me that,” Robert sighed. “I want to spend some time with you,” he blushed.

“Why would you want to spend time with my daughter,” My mother narrowed her eyes at Robert.

“Yeah,” Harper came in death glaring me.

“I...err...” Robert stuttered for an explanation.

“Because he can, that is why,” my father voice boomed as he walked it. It seemed that only I and Robert didn’t cower at his tone which made me wonder. Had it always been like this? “Iris go get ready and Robert I wish to speak with you again,” My father added grabbing some coffee before making his way to his office.

Robert’s POV

“I would like to ask a favour,” John said sinking into his office chair.

“What is it?” I stayed stood looking down at the grey haired man.

“I need you to take care of Iris,” he sighed. “I would have used my men but I don’t trust them to not treat her differently,” he ran his hands through his slivery brown hair.

“I understand,” I nodded. “I can have some people watching her but you will have to inform your pack about them,”

“Yes,” He nodded.