Chapter Thirteen

"To xXArachnidXx for the amazing gif on the side!! Thank you!! :))" - Abbie xxx

Chapter Thirteen

Iris's POV

I couldn’t stop thinking. My brain would only switch off for a few seconds before it started screaming at me that we were kissing the Crown Prince; we were kissing Robbie; our first kiss. For this reason it only lasted a few seconds.

Robbie chuckled pulling back with a smile. “Couldn’t stop thinking?” he gave me a stomach flipping smile.

I blushed deep red. “Well when someone steels your first kiss from you that tend to happen,” I stock my tongue out at him.  The kiss was only light as a feather but his lips felt like they were burning still on mine.

“Sorry,” he chuckled. “Next time I’ll warn you,” he winked causing me to blush even more.

“So...” I nervously laughed as we fell into an awkward silence.

“This isn’t awkward, is it?” he grinned getting up from the bed.  “Well it is late, we better sleep,” he gave me a small smile before moving to go the door.

“I thought I was meant to be in the guest room?” I laughed.

“Well since you’ve already made yourself at home...” he nodded to the fact I had already fallen asleep in his bed. I blushed. “Night Iris,” he chuckled.

“Night,” I echoed. I soon fell into an uneasy sleep.

Robert’s POV

In the beginning the Spirit trapped the elements and handled them to the gods. He know that if he destroyed them that the world would go into ruin but as time went on the Spirit found himself slowly growing more attached to Cinder.

She was beautiful with raging fire for hair that flickered and twisted in a dance as old as time. Her skin was golden and her eyes were rubies. She may have looked beautiful but her temper was short and no one could tame her as she was as wild as the roaring oceans. The Spirited had started to fall in love with Cinder but every time she would refuse him. He grew angry and trapped her in a box of nothing but darkness. Over time Cinder’s light began to dim as he had almost broken her spirit.

A strong and brave human who had seen the suffering of man with the dimming light decided to put a stop to the pain and suffering. On the back of a giant eagle he flew up to the heaven and found the trapped elements. He set them free but couldn’t find Cinder. He searched and searched but after a whole day she was nowhere to be found. Growing weary of his quest the young man decided check the darkest corners of heaven and that is where he found the diming light of Cinder.

I re read the story of how fire came to earth that my mother use to read. I smiled remember that I se to pretend I was the young man saving Cinder from the evil spirit. I use to love reading myths and legends.

I sighed deeply remembering my childhood.

“She’s just the flavour of the week...” Iris sang loudly in the shower as I read waiting for her to come out. It was out last day in my family cottage and we were heading back to her pack and then onwards to my castle were she has agreed to spend another week with me.

I smiled hoping that my mother would like my choice of a Queen. She had liked Aletta and had treated her with open arms; I hoped she would do the same for Iris.

“Hello,” I answered the phone.

“Robert,” Eliza’s voice met my ears.

“Hey,” I grinned putting my book down.