Chapter Twenty-Three

Robbie’s POV

“Robbie,” she screamed giggling as I threw yellow paint at her.

“What,” I grinned. “What did I do?” I chuckled as she went back to painting the walls lemon yellow.

The walls blinded as I walked into the master bedroom, what use to be our bedroom. The lemon yellow walls seemed to mock me with its overly cheery colour. I glared looking at the dust covered room.  The room was small with hard wooden floors and a large arching door that led to the balcony over-looking the canal and the street below.

“Robbie,” Alex came into the overly cheery room. “Shit, I hate the colour yellow,” he muttered gazing over the place with judging eyes.

“So do I,” I muttered making my way over to the draws to the left of me. I threw open the first draw and was met with lace and silk, I shivered hating seeping through me as I began to grab fistfuls of the fabric.

“Mate maybe we should do this some other time,” Alex said softly.

“No,” I barked.  “We have seen here for two day,” I snapped getting irritated I wanted to be back with Iris. I threw Aletta’s underwear in the bag bin liner, emptying the draw before moving to the next. The clothes were still folded neatly as I grabbed fistfuls of her t-shirts and they joined her underwear.

I had managed the empty all of the draws so I moved to the bed stands. Sat on what use to be mind was an empty whiskey bottle, I glared at it as it sat there reminding me.

She left. She’d gone. I cried gulping back the amber liquid. How could they have done this? I had some many questions but I knew that none would get answered.

I found myself reaching for the phone again, I needed to hear her voice - no I needed her to come back to me. I couldn’t stop the sob that escaped my throat as I at the picture on the side table. She smiling face almost mocking me for thinking she loved me.

I couldn’t stop the rage, taking another sip of whiskey, I threw the picture at the wall watching it shatter into millions of pieces before falling to the ground little diamonds. I did the same with the phone. I hated her but I loved her.

I shook the memory away now all I felt for her was emptiness.

“Alex, pass me another bin liner,” he did as I threw the empty bottle in there.  I should never have gotten in that state. I opened the draw to the side stand throwing the rubbish in the bin and anything of hers in the bin. I was moving on.

Iris’s POV

I shuddered.

“What’s wrong?” Poppy asked worry washing over her eyes.

“Nothing,” I frowned. I had a funny feeling that was all, I brushed it aside as I watched Poppy paint my nails a bright yellow.

“So,” she smiled. “How is everything going with you and Robbie?” I blushed.

“You are a maid you know what goes on,” I commented gazing over my purple room. It was good to be back home, even if the front yard was covered with men in black suits.

“True,” she giggled. “How do you feel about him?” she grinned as I blushed. Why did everyone want to make me blush?

“I don’t know,” I shrugged.

“You do,” she grinned. “Tell me what’s wrong,” she gave me a small smile.

“It just...” I frowned. “I can never compare to Aletta,” I whispered.

“Oh so he told you,” I nodded. “Don’t worry,” she touched my forearm gently almost motherly. “You are way better than Aletta and also Robbie like you better,” she winked.

I looked away “I will only ever be his other girl, she’ll come first.”

“No,” she grabbed my chin. “Iris listen Robbie is complicated, he found his true mate who turned out to be a true nightmare. He was not only betrayed by his soul mate but also his best friend. He has a lot to move on from,” she smiled sadly. “It’s gonna be tough trust me, but moving on just means remembering without feeling the hurt and he’s getting there.”

“I don’t think he has moved on,” I frowned voicing my fears. What if I gave myself to Robbie became his queen, his mate and she came back? Who would he pick? I shook my head, no I wouldn’t let him pick... I would walk away because he deserves to be happy with his soul mate.

“Moving doesn’t happen instantly Iris,” Poppy smiled “It is a process that takes time.”

I looked away sighing, “I guess.”

“Robbie has been stuck in a rut for over a year now and it has taken its toll on everyone, but ever since you came into the picture he’s smiled more than I have ever seen; you’ve pulled him out,” she grinned. “He may not have moved on completely but he’s slowly get there, you just have to wait.”

I nodded feeling slightly better but I didn’t know how much longer I could wait.

“Anyway lets paint these nails, I don’t think yellow is your colour,” she frowned. “I think ruby red,” she grinned pulling out a scarlet coloured nail vanish.

Robbie’s POV

I needed a break. I sighed making my way down the cobbled streets of Venice. I sighed slipping into my favourite cafe that sat by the canal with its murky water glittering in the hot sun. I sat outside waiting for someone to take my order. Alex had stayed at the flat saying he wanted to play some guitar for a bit.

The cafe was busy with the lunch time rush, the tables shattered with tourists and locals. I gazed over happy faces before turning to study the table in front of me.

The table sat just by the railings, the smell of the canal wafting up but they didn’t seem to mind.  A single pink rose sat in the vase wilting in the hot midday sun as the happy couple gazed at each other, the diamond ring glinting in the golden rays of light as they grasped hands across the table. I shivered even with the heat of the day as a sense of déjà vu set in.

I use to be like that with that face of pure love and devotion to the woman across from him.  The couple were young and attractive I noted. They looked happy too - I had been like them once, some time ago, for just a moment. Or so I had been led to believe. So I had thought but the moment had only been an illusion. I had been tricked. I turned away from the blissful couple losing my appetite, I stood. I wished that the memories could be erased forever and that I would never have to feel like that again.  

As I turned to go a voice shouted out to me. “Robbie,” I turned with a frown. I hadn’t been in here for a year and as far as I could tell the entire waiting staff had been replaced with fresh faced woman.

“Robbie,” the voice echoed again as I made it onto the cobbled street ignoring the first time someone called. Someone grabbed my upper arm and I could help but whip around glaring down at however had the check to stop me. I wish I hadn’t I wish I never looked.  I wish I had just kept walking.

“You,” a growl rippled through my chest.

____

I know again pretty short but here it is the next chapter!!! If you didn’t understand the last chapter much then re read chapter 9 ;)

So have uploaded the spin-off/ side story or whatever it is up check it out and vote and comment!!!

Anyway who do you think stopped him?

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FOLLOW

PLEASE!!!

Love Abbie