ch. two

her love

"shane! get down here, dinner is done!" teresa yelled all the way from downstairs.

the ginger head set down his workbook down and headed down the stairs. his feet touching the cold tiled floor as the weather had got into the low fifty's. shivers running down his legs and up his body, but he didn't pay much attention to it.

"eat and then go to bed. i don't want to see you more than i have to." his mother said, plopping his plate of food on the table in front of him.

shane looked down as he saw a perfectly cooked chicken and some rice on the side with carrots, almost like a restaurant had given it to them. he sat down at the table as his mother sat at the front of the table. they ate in complete silence, only the sound of the fork and knife hitting the plate filled the room.

shane finished first as he stood up quietly and headed over to the sink. he grabbed his stepping stool from the pantry and rolled his sleeves up. the small hands start to clean the dirty dishes, wanting his mother to not do so much when she's done with her meal.

"mom, i did the dishes for you." shane spoke calmly, as he smiled towards his mother.

his mother stared at him with blank eyes. her hand swirled around the wine glass, the wine splashing around as she set it down roughly. the little boy looked at her with scared eyes, preparing himself for a loud yelling.

"don't smile like that ever again, do you hear me?" she snarled at him, clenching her hand into a fist. "you look just like your ignorant father when you do."

"uh, okay. i'll do it because i love you." shane responded, as he held a blank face and his hands fiddling with each other behind his back.

"stop! never say those words! what? do you want love in return? is that what you want, shane?" his mother screamed, standing up quickly and made her way towards shane. "well, this is my love for you, shane."

teresa towered over the little boy, her hand raising as shane didn't move an inch. he fell back as his mother's hand hit him across the face and she roughly cuffed his wrist. shane's head was everywhere, as he faced back to his mother.

gone.

"mom, please stop." shane whispered, putting his head down as tears welled up in his eyes.

"are you seriously crying? stop it!" his mother spat in his face, but shane only continued to cry more, no matter how hard he tried not to.

again and again, shane felt the coldness of the hands plant across his face and his body as he cried for his mother to stop. she yelled and yelled to him as she did so with not one thought of the little boy coming across his mind. the boy took the beatings, thinking maybe this is the love of his mother.

"clean up, and get to bed. you're a mess." his mother snarled, as she walked way from shane and out the front door. "sometimes, i wonder why i even had children."

shane picked himself up from the cold floor and slowly walked up the stairs. tears streaming down his face out from the pain, even crying was painful. he started the bath and sat in it, cleaning himself as his father showed him how to.

as he walked out, he had a towel wrapped around his body. he caught a glimpse of himself in the bathroom mirror. his torso and arms had slight bruising's but the lower part of his face was all purple from the hard hits.

"don't you dare cry, shane. this was out of love, mom loves you."

______

ryland, come save your boy.

i might update tomorrow, twice if i feel good i don't know.