36

*third person*

Caroline Forbes fell to the ground in pain. Elena rushed to her friend's side, as she grabbed her head in pain.
"It hurts!" She squirmed, tears falling down her face.

Meanwhile on their way home, Stefan and Damon Salvatore both fell to the ground clutching their hands. It was worse than anything they'd ever felt. Neither of them could lift a finger.

All the vampires in Mystic Falls heard her.
"This isn't over. This is barely the icing on the cake. You may have gotten away with the death of my brother for now, but I will be back. And one day you will look back and realise the moment Finn's body erupted into flames was the moment you doomed yourself. This spell may only reach the vampires, but trust me, I have a few surprises for the humans in this town. Everyone who had a hand in the death of Finn Mikaelson will suffer at my hands. I will show you just how much of a Mikaelson I can be. This is not over. This is just beginning." Her voice screamed in their ears before the spell suddenly stopped.

Caroline looked at her friend. "Oh god. Elena, what did we do?"
"What are you talking about?"
"You didn't hear her?" Caroline frowned. "It was Amity. She- it was a spell. It was like fire in my head. Like a thousand aneurysms while I banged my head on concrete over and over in an oven that had a metal spike through my head."
"What?"
"And then she had this speech. That she was coming for us all. Elena, we took it too far."
"We tried to get rid of Klaus."
"Elena, you don't understand. There was something different in her tone. I think she's done being nice. She said we'd see just how much of a Mikaelson she could be, and that anyone who had a hand in Finn's death would die by her hand."
"Oh god."

Amity has returned to the mansion just in time to see Stefan and Damon walk up to the door. She smirked cruelly as she watched them walk in and look for her brother.
"Hello boys." She curled her lip, glaring at them. "Nik! You have some guests!"

*first person*

I watched as the boys looked uncomfortable under my gaze.
"Nervous?" I asked as Nik walked into the room.
"Didn't we let you go a few minutes ago?" Nik asked.
"You gave us a deal. We give you the remaining stakes, and you leave us alone." Stefan said, standing up straight.
"You did what?" I yelled at him.
"Finn's dead, sister. There's nothing more we can do for him."
"Except avenge him."
"And then there are two weapons that can kill us."
"And them. If they kill us, they're gambling with the chance that they might die. They have more to lose than you or I do."
"Look, we'll give you the stakes, but I want a guarantee your sister leaves us alone."
"Forget it." I scoffed. "What would you do if some half competent human managed to kill Damon? Only say, you've always actually cared about your brother."
"I'd be angry, but I'd be able to let them go, if I had to."
"You're either lying or you don't truly care about your brother." I scoffed at the Salvatores. "See Finn kept me grounded. I mean, I don't wake up from nine centuries of being daggered totally sane. And you just incinerated the last thing that kept me from going crazy. You have no idea of what I've been through in my life. What I went through as a human? If it wasn't for Finn, and Abraham, I would've gone totally mad before I was twenty five. And I certainly would have been unstable when I turned- in fact I kind of was. But this? Oh, you have no idea what you just started."
"You really shouldn't have killed our brother." Nik shrugged.
"We will get you the stakes. But we want to know for sure that your sister won't come after us."
"I will promise no such thing. I mean, maybe I'll go away now. Maybe I won't kill you tonight. Maybe I will let you hold on to your pathetic lives for a decade more, but I will come after you." I vowed. "And I'm not so easy to kill."
"Then you don't get the stakes. Could you live with that uncertainty?"
"I don't really care. Maybe I'll set the entire town on fire?" Stefan looked at me and shook his head.
"No. I don't believe that. Because no matter how angry and upset you are, I don't think you'd kill the rest of the innocent people in this town."
"Maybe you're right. Maybe I wouldn't. Maybe I'll just kill you and your brother right where you stand. Maybe I'll just turn Elena and Matt and the mayor and every other human you've ever even looked at."
"You wouldn't do that."
"Wouldn't I? Are you telling me Matt and Elena had nothing to do with the death of my brother?"
"That's exactly what I'm telling you. Bonnie and Caroline too. It was all just me." He said and I scoffed.
"Don't bother lying to me, Stefan. I've always had a special..." I paused, staring at him. "knack for telling when people are lying. My brother can attest to that."
"It's true." Nik said, with a shrug. I looked into Stefan's eyes.
"Veritas." I said.
"Matt was the one who drove the stake through his chest. Bonnie was the only one who had no idea what was going on. We left her out of it because of everything she was going through with her mom. We were trying to kill all of your siblings, and Finn was just the easiest."
"Shut up!" Damon hissed, slapping a hand over his brother's mouth. I waved my fingers and Damon flew to the other side of the room.
"And how exactly did a human manage to drive a stake through an original's heart?"
"Matt vervained his drink." Stefan admitted. "And I waited outside. I tried to use the stake but Sage managed to throw me off. Elena shot a stake into Finn's torso and Matt staked him in the heart."
"And did you feel any remorse for killing my brother?"
"I'm sorry we hurt you." He said before adding, "but I'm not sorry we killed Finn."
"Stefan!" Damon yelled.
"That is who you want to let back out onto the streets." I let go of my hold on the two brothers before walking out of the room, still talking. "I promise I will get my revenge, and you won't see it coming. I promise to make you suffer. Especially you, Elena, and Matt."