22

"Phasmatos tribum, ostende mihi, sanguis meus."
"I haven't heard that locator spell before." Amira interrupted.
"I know. It's one of mine. Specific to Finn and I. We might not be identical, but we are twins. And twins in the magical world have a whole different set of rules. My blood and his are the same. When we were human, my magic and his were the same. Now, my magic isn't mine. It's a mixture of Abraham's and mine. Anyways, any time he wanted to be alone, he'd cloak himself and hide in the woods. So I created a spell specific to him and I. It literally says show me my blood and always leads me to him. It hasn't failed me yet, I hope it doesn't fail me now." I sighed and continued chanting. "Phasmatos tribum, ostende mihi, sanguis meus." There was a harsh flash as I was burned and I jumped back. "Ouch."
"What happened?"
"Stefan's enlisted the help of witches."
"Plural?"
"It has to be more than one, or they would never be able to cloak him from me."
"So what are you going to do?"
"Keep trying, but I need something to help me. Something to channel. I'm going to need Niklaus."
"Klaus? Why?"
"Aside from me he's the closest blood relation to our brothers. And his strength as an original vampire and hybrid should be sufficiently strong enough to break through any witch's barricade."
"Well, luckily I know where your brother is." Amira grinned and sped away. I squinted in confusion, before following. She led me to a half-built house and we stepped inside.
"Sister, great niece." Klaus greeted as we walked in.
"Niklaus."
"What's wrong?"
"Stefan, he has witches helping him hide our siblings."
"How do you know?"
"I tried a locator spell."
"You used your blood?"
"Not exactly. It's a long story. The point is, he has more than one witch helping him. He'd need at least two extremely powerful witches- maybe even three. There's no way one witch would be able to cloak them from me."
"You are just getting used to your magic again. Perhaps you're just not ready yet?" He questioned.
"Dolorem sentire ipsum facere." I said with a stony look and he fell to the ground, writhing. Amira looked at me wide eyed. "I had a lot of time when I was younger." I shrugged before raising my hand. "Stop."
"Evidently not." He said. "And why such a violent spell?"
"The decision to dagger me might not have been on your shoulders alone, but to dagger the rest of our siblings? That is on you. So I'm a bit mad. And you didn't let me undagger Finn."
"But I killed Mikael."
"With my help. And either way that really wasn't much of an achievement brother. I managed to get close enough to rip his heart out. Rest assured had I been in possession of the stake, you wouldn't have had the pleasure of watching his body burn."
"So what else can you do? Aside from inflict pain."
"I know. Your favourite spell. I used it all the time when you were younger. You probably don't remember." I said, with a small sigh. "Come, follow me. The both of you."
"Where to?" Niklaus asked.
"We just need a lot more space. So we're going outside to the garden. I assume there's a garden."
"Yes, but it's this way." He pointed at the other direction. I stuck my tongue out at him
"I'm going to explore this place. See if it's good enough or if I need to make some adjustments. No offence, uncle Klaus, but I don't really trust your style." Amira walked away. I laughed before letting him lead me out. When we got outside, I grabbed his hands.
"It's easier to focus this way." I explained and he nodded. "Invocare ventus, in aerum. Invocare ventus, in aerum. Invocare ventus, in aerum." I chanted and soon we were amongst the clouds.
"I remember this." Niklaus said and I let go of one of his hands. "The first time you took me flying you said I couldn't tell anyone, especially not father."
"It was the only secret you ever kept from him."
"I was terrified of losing your trust in me more than I was afraid of him. You helped me that night. When we dove into clouds, it was easy to forget Mikael existed. You told me the clouds would hold me, like a cushion."
"Hey, you were eight. I couldn't tell you that you'd fall right through the clouds."
"It must have taken an incredible amount of concentration to keep me hovering just over the cloud."
"I've never done this with anyone else, Nik. This was always just our little secret."
"What about Benji?"
"Not flying, no. Benji and I had our own bonding experiences. But I reserved flying specially for you. Our parents alienated you and adored our siblings. I couldn't let you feel unwanted."
"I will get our family back. Whatever it takes."
"I think I might be able to break through the cloaking spell. I need your blood though, Nik."
"You think?"
"It will take a while. I'll admit, I'm a little rusty, but I have a special link to Finn, and with your blood, your magic original hybrid blood, as well as some time and space I think I can find him. But you should look- see if you can find them before me."
"How long will your tracking take?"
"Depends on how many witches and their strength. It could take anywhere from an hour to a week."
"A week?"
"I'm going to find someplace private where I cannot be disturbed. You won't be able to reach me, but make sure the witches take down the cloaking spell if you find them. As soon as they do, I'll know."
"Of course." He nodded.
"Would you like to dive into a cloud? For- what's the saying- old time's sake?"
"I'd love to." I grabbed his hand and willed us to a large cloud. When we were a few feet above, I broke my concentration so that we would fall. Right before we hit the cloud I chanted the spell in my mind, and concentrated on mimicking a bounce as though the cloud was solid.