17

That morning, while everyone seemed to be at school, I decided to buy myself a phone. Turns out, however it wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be.
"I would like to purchase a phone." I said to the man standing behind a display of several phones.
"Well, duh." He scoffed. "It's a phone shop. What kind of phone do you want."
"What kind?" I asked.
"Yeah. Geez, lady. You're acting like my grandma. Haven't you heard of phones before."
"No." I frowned, before deciding on a cover story. "I've been in a coma, practically my whole life. I kind of missed out on the whole phone experience."
"Oh. I'm sorry. Damn that was insensitive of me." He said.
"Do you have a budget?" A girl spoke from beside me.
"No."
"Then get an iPhone 4. Might as well get the latest." She said.
"Okay." I shrugged. "I would like to buy the iPhone 4."
"Would you like me to help you learn how to use it?" The girl offered.
"That's very sweet of you." I said suspiciously.
"I have a brother who's in a coma right now, so I sympathise." She explained.
"I'm sorry." I frowned.
"How will you be paying?" The cashier asked.
"Card." I told him, and he nodded. I did as Rebekah had instructed me the other day, swiping the card.
"Brand new phone." He shrugged passing it along.
"Let me pay for my things and I'll help you navigate this new world." The girl smiled.
"I'm Amity."
"I'm Amira." She said. She handed over some money to the man, and looped her arm through mine.
"Do you have any siblings?"
"I have a sister and four brothers. Rebekah is here, but my twin brother Finn is still in a coma- the same one I was in."
"I am so sorry."
"I have a feeling that he'll wake up soon." I said. "Do you have any siblings? Other than your brother?"
"I have a sister- an older sister. It's really just the three of us." She stared at me. "You're very beautiful."
"Thank you. As are you, you know. I would kill to have your hair. There's something- something familiar about you." I told her. "Which I know is impossible."
"Unless.. unless it isn't." She stopped and looked at me. "Okay. Confession time. My brother isn't in a coma. Actually my brother's dead. And so's my sister. They both lived great lives fell in love, had kids. The usual. I, on the other hand, got turned into a vampire. Nine hundred and seventy years ago."
"What?"
"I know, weird. But there were these three people, who claimed to be Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah. But then the girl turned me, because I told her I was looking for you and she thought she was Rebekah, but it took me a while to realise she wasn't. Anyways, after that, I went to my dad who didn't want me to leave because his mom had already left because she was a vampire, but I told him I was going to find you, and grandpa was already dead by then, so he reluctantly let me go. And I spent almost a millennium looking for you, and I've finally found you."
"Who- who was your dad?"
"Benjamin Bennett." She said.
"Benji- You're Amira?" I asked and she nodded. "You're my granddaughter?"
"Surprise?" She gave me a smile.
"But-"
"Um- okay so my father's name was Benjamin, but you called him Benji. You and Grandpa had a deal. If dad was a guy, grandpa would get to name him. If he was a girl, you would get to name him. You would have named him Freya after your older sister."
"Only Abraham knew."
"He told us. And dad named my older sister Amity, after you."
"You're really Benji's daughter?"
"Yes."
"How did you find me?"
"It was an accident. I decided to give looking for Klaus another chance and went to find this guy- Slater, who's like a total vampire almanac. But apparently he's dead, and his girlfriend was acting super strange like she'd been compelled. So some research took me to this café that had its vampire friendly windows broken, and I checked the security cameras which led me to Mystic Falls. I was hoping to find Klaus in hopes that he'd lead me to you."
"Well, you found me."
"Where have you been?"
"There are these daggers that induce a mystical sleep upon an original. For the past nine centuries I was left daggered."
"Why?"
"I guess I didn't take to the vampiric life."
"Dad never stopped loving you. Even when he was older and grandpa told him you were a vampire, he still had hope that you would one day come back."
"He did?"
"He understood why you were gone, but he wanted you there more than anything." She said. "That's sort of why I went looking for you. I wanted to bring you home."

Spending the day together, we parted when it started to get dark. She said she had a place nearby, but exchanged numbers with me before we left. I went by the boarding house only to find Rebekah in tears in the library. I sped over to her, putting an arm around her.
"What's wrong, Bekah?"
"He killed her, Ami." She sobbed as she turned into my shoulder burying her head into the crook of my neck, just as when we were human.
"Who killed who?"
"Nik. He killed our mother." She cried harder as I rubbed her back. "He was the reason she died, not Mikael. And he lied to us, Ami. He killed our mother and blamed it on our father. For a thousand years, I've justified his actions, but how can I justify this."
"Oh, my darling." I soothed. "It'll be okay, everything'll be okay."