8

"Okay, so who exactly are you?" Bonnie asked me. I'd gone out for a walk and bumped into her. "I mean, vampires can't do magic."
"Very true."
"And there was something about your energy. Something familiar."
"I suppose it's time we talk." I sighed and carried on walking. She followed me. "Back when I was human I was married. I had fallen in love with my mother's best friend's son, so it was a dream come true for them. We got married- I was eighteen, and he was the love of my life. For ten years we were married happily. We had a son- Benji. When my parents turned me, he was only eight. I thought I might be pregnant, and I wanted my mother to confirm it, so that when I told Abraham, I wouldn't be getting his hopes up for no reason. She told me I was, and that it was a girl and insisted I stay for dinner, seeing as I didn't live at home anymore. That night, our parents offered us wine. Obviously I refused. What my siblings and I didn't know was that it was laced with blood. So my mother had to get creative. She gave me a drink- she said it was herbal treatment that would help me. She put some blood in that too. And my father killed us all."
"Oh my god!"
"That's how we turned but to finish the transformation we needed to drink more blood. My father forced me to drink the blood of an innocent girl. And that's how I turned into a vampire. That was when my connection to nature died. Rebekah, Elijah and Niklaus- they hadn't tapped into their magic yet, so they just gained more power, but my other brothers and I lost our link to the earth. That should have been the end of the story, but when my father killed me, he killed my baby. The powers she had- even in the womb- transferred to me because it had no where else to go. That is how I can still do magic. Because it's not my magic, it's my baby's."
"That's so terrible. Your parents, were total asses."
"Tell me about it. But it got worse. My husband, he couldn't be with me. I was a cursed creature, and I shouldn't have been made. I was an abomination of nature, and seeing as we killed people, he refused to be with me and endanger our son. I only saw him once more, before he disowned me. I lost my baby, my magic, my son and my husband all in one night and only gained a thirst that would drive me to murder and a power that would only serve to remind me of a life that had perished within me."
"So your husband just gave up on you? He didn't try to help you?"
"He couldn't. There wasn't anything to help me with. I shouldn't have been alive. He was a good man, he really was, and he was a good father and a good husband. But what could he do? I wasn't human. Nature fought against our very existence."
"Was he a warlock?"
"Yes he was. In fact- and this is what is going to shock you the most- he was a Bennett. Your ancestor."
"Wait, you were married to a Bennett warlock?"
"Yes. Abraham Bennett. Which means you are descended from our son, Benjamin Bennett."
"What?"
"I know it's a lot to take in."
"Yeah, it is. Wait, so I'm related to Klaus?"
"Hey you're his great, by a ton, niece. I'm stuck as his sister."
"Can I just choose to ignore your siblings as my family? I don't want to be related to the man who killed me and my best friend."
"That's okay. If I was alive and around, I wouldn't have-"
"So where have you been? I haven't heard about you."
"My family kept me daggered for nine centuries."
"That's so harsh."
"You know the Bennett line has always been powerful, and so has the Mikaelson line. So when Abraham and I got together, the power doubled."
"Really?"
"I'm glad I get to meet you. I get it, if you have your reservations about me, but I really hope I can get to know you."
"I trust you. You saved my life last night. If it weren't for you who knows what would've happened, and I don't know why, but something inside tells me to trust you. My Grams always told me to listen to my instincts." I smiled widely. "So when Klaus said that I'm not Benji- he was talking about your son?"
"Yeah. Not many know about my miscarriage, so I'd appreciate it if you kept it quiet. Every time I did magic, I'd burst out crying so my mother decided to bind my magic. I'm guessing when she bound Niklaus's werewolf side, she decided to link my magic to his curse. So when he broke it, my magic was restored."
"And you didn't know until you threw Klaus back with your mind."
"Exactly. The only people who knew I was with child were my parents, Abraham- I told him after I'd turned, I thought he deserved to know- and Finn. He was my twin brother and Niklaus still has him daggered. I told Nik, last night, so add him and you to the list. No one else knows."
"Why did you tell me?"
"I suppose, I wanted you to understand it all. And let's be honest, if I held back, you wouldn't have trusted me."
"Probably not." She chuckled.