24

I slept through the night and the next morning and afternoon. By the time I awoke it was night. I could hear voices downstairs. The Salvatores. Nik. And Elijah. I grinned widely before changing into appropriate clothes. Then I sped downstairs but stayed in the corner.
"Klaus gets his coffin back, in exchange, he and the Original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, and Elena live happily ever after. No grudges. Of course, Amity can stay if she wants to. Turns out she's made quite the impression on the girls." Damon bargained.
"Oh can't there be just one day of peace where everybody minds their own business? Do you boys need to fight every day in this town?" I made my presence known. "Though I'm flattered you thought of me, Damon."
"Amity, you're awake. I'd begun to worry." Niklaus greeted.
"Wait, you've been asleep since yesterday?" Damon asked.
"Like I said. Physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted." I walked over to Elijah.
"Aren't you used to getting little sleep at night?" Damon smirked.
"What do you mean?"
"Mind your tongue, Damon. I don't like what you're insinuating." Elijah glared as I looked confused.
"I'm not insinuating anything, I'm just saying, your sister knows how to have a good time."
"What on earth are you talking about, Damon?"
"Don't worry, sister. Damon was just shutting up." Nik said.
"You were talking about me, and for some reason I'm missing something. I want to know what."
"It's nothing."
"Niklaus." I said and he sighed.
"He was implying that you've been... enjoying the company of men." He said uncomfortably.
"Oh." I groaned, remembering Damon had walked in on Damon and I.
"That's it? No cries of outrage?"
"I know how it might seem that way to him."
"Amity-" Nik started, but I shook my head focusing on Elijah.
"Amity." Elijah looked at me. I touched his cheek and studied him. He looked different, and I hugged him.
"How come you never greeted me like that?" Nik complained.
"Because I'm not finished." I said, before punching Elijah.
"What was that for?"
"Don't play dumb. I know you all had a hand in the vote to keep Finn and I daggered." He looked down, sheepishly. "Now, where are the rest of our siblings?"
"Niklaus refuses to undagger them."
"Nik." I turned to him, slowly.
"Soon, sister. Jut as soon as we get that last coffin."
"Who is in it?"
"Let's just say you wouldn't be delighted to see her." He said and I frowned.
"I don't care. Undagger our siblings now."
"Why don't you bargain with us? The sooner we make a deal, the sooner we undagger everyone else." Niklaus said and I concentrated on bursting his blood vessels.
"Don't try to manipulate me. The last person who tried got their heart ripped out."
"That's true." Damon nodded. "We were there."
"I am going to undagger our siblings now, Nik." He sped in front on me, and looked me in the eyes. He entered my mind.
"It's Esther. She's in the coffin. And the Salvatores have her." He spoke in my mind before rushing back to his previous position.
"No!" I yelled.
"What?" Damon asked.
"Change of plans. I'm going to need that coffin, Damon. And I'm going to need it now."
"Sorry, can't do it."
"What is in it sister?" Elijah asked.
"If Nik's telling the truth, it's not simply a weapon to kill us. It would only put the residents of this town in grave danger."
"Guess your brother's lying, because the witches led us to the coffin, and the witches only want Klaus dead."
"Well there are some things that transcends the knowledge of the witches." I said. "And not only will it endanger this town, it'll especially endanger almost everyone in your posse."
"What are you talking about?"
"Damon, where is the coffin."
"Somewhere you can't reach."
"It took me three days to overcome the magic of a hundred witches. You don't have their power anymore. How long do you think it will take for me to break through the power of one witch- I assume you have Bonnie helping you out?"
"You make a convincing case, but I'll have to refuse." Damon said.
"I guess I'll find it myself, and rest assured it won't take me long."
"Just bargain with us, sister. The Salvatores aren't stupid, they have a plan against you. Don't walk into a trap."
"Except it's not a trap. They probably have it in a house. Somewhere no vampire can go. Which would normally stop me, but boundary spells are fickle things. It wouldn't take me long to overcome it."
"Wait! Their deal does sound fair, brother. Except Amity won't be staying behind." Elijah reasoned.
"I don't think you understand. Elena's doppelgänger blood insures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind. And Amity wants both sides of her family. Her descendants and her siblings."
"You have descendants here?"
"Yeah, apparently our Bonnie is one of them." Damon explained.
"And let's say I do leave Elena here, under your protection, what then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse, how long before she dies caught between your feuding? You see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her, and that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen, the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is...the two of you." Damon looked visibly affected by my brother's words. It was an act. There was no way Damon would show weakness in front of his enemy.
"I'm gonna get some air." He left the room.
"I'm going to make sure-"
"Let me deal with this, sister." Elijah cut me off. So I shrugged and sat. There was a plate that I started to eat and a cup of blood that I drank.
"All this talk has made me quite thirsty." Nik looked over to a servant who walked over. "What do you say Stefan? Can I interest you in a little after-dinner drink?"
"Don't go overboard, Nik." I said, calmly eating.
"I don't get you." Stefan commented, looking at me. "Sometimes you hate your brother, other times you love him."
"I always love him. Sure I'll get mad at him and I will make him amend whatever mistakes he makes. But I don't every truly hate him. You should understand. I've seen you and Damon. You hate each other and you love each other."
"Difference is he's not pure evil."
"Neither is Nik." I looked over. "But that's enough brother. Before you kill the poor girl."
"Do you always have to ruin my fun, sister?"
"Heal her and let her go, Nik." He did as I said.
"Well, I guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus, is to drive a wedge between me and my brother."
"Oh no, you're doing that well enough on your own. Because of Elena, you're gonna lose your brother and you'll only have yourself to blame."
"Elena? Niklaus you aren't toying with her are you?"
"You've missed so much in a matter of days." He laughed.
"Damon and Elena are close, Stefan's been the bad guy lately. It's like Tatia, only with the Salvatore brothers."
"It's nothing like Tatia. Tatia didn't care for you or Elijah as much as Elena cares for the Salvatores. She only chose Elijah because Starr needed a father figure in her life, and she hated feeling like she was depending on Abraham and I. You were damaged, even then Nik. Tatia knew what Mikael put you through and she wasn't sure you could be the father Starr would need. Not until you fixed yourself."
"You knew Tatia?"
"She was my best friend. Did I not tell you guys that my best friend was a doppelgänger?"
"Oh, Tatia was the doppelgänger you were talking about?"
"Well how many doppelgängers do you think lived in the tenth century?"
"Touché." Stefan replied.