16

That night, Rebekah came to my door with Bonnie, the both of them holding ice cream.
"We thought you might need some emotional support." Rebekah shrugged.
"So temporary truce between us and lots of ice cream. It helps."
"Jeremy?" I asked her and she shook her head.
"He kissed his ghost girlfriend so there's that."
"I'm so sorry." I frowned. "Come here, you guys." I invited and they jumped onto my bed.
"You and Abraham?"
"Had to say goodbye. Of course that wasn't before Rebekah shamed him and threw him over a table."
"You threw him?"
"I slapped him! He just fell backwards!" She defended. "And he deserved it."
"I have to agree with Rebekah there. Sorry, but even I can see that you're still in pain."
"But I know my Benji led a good, happy, safe life. And that's worth everything." I tried to explain. "It's a mom thing. For people who actually have a maternal instinct."
"Well either way. You're in pain, I'm in pain, your sister is a pain." Bonnie sighed, and Rebekah nudged her looking offended.
"I'm your great aunt. You know that, right?" Rebekah said. "You ought to be nicer to me."
"Enough, you guys. Ice cream. Before it melts." I said and they sighed.
"For the ice cream." Bonnie said, taking a scoop.
"So Bonnie, your dad's a Bennett?"
"Uh, no. My mom."
"And where is she?"
"Could be anywhere." She shrugged, nonchalantly. "She walked out before I could remember."
"Right. So you live with your dad?"
"Yeah." I took a spoonful of ice cream, as did Rebekah. "How long did your brother keep you daggered?"
"Ninety years."
"Why did he dagger you?" Bonnie was curious.
"It was the twenties. I loved Stefan. But it turned out, Mikael found us, and Nik wanted to leave. Clean slate and move on, so he compelled Stefan to forget us and thought I'd go after him. I refused, I wanted to be with Stefan. But of course, God forbid I decide to be happy. He chose to dagger me and forced me to leave with him. Been daggered ever since."
"What about Kol and Elijah?" I inquired.
"Oh, Elijah plotted to kill Klaus with the rest of us. Guess that didn't go over so well with Klaus, and he got daggered."
"And Kol was too bloodthirsty. He was killing too many people, drawing too much attention to us." Rebekah explained.
"And why did he never undagger Finn? You all made the decision to keep me daggered, but why Finn?"
"Finn would never have allowed us to keep you daggered. He would have fought for you just as you keep fighting for him."
"I'm not doing much, though. I should be doing more." I sighed. "Being daggered for all those centuries. Losing all your senses and being plunged into darkness. Being stuck in confinement, knowing the world goes by. Losing hope, piece by piece, just being as life goes on around you. And now that I'm alive, I'm not there for him."
"It isn't as though you could remove the dagger yourself, anyways. Niklaus had a witch spell it."
"I can do magic. I can undo the witch's spell."
"Forget about it. Nik would just dagger the both of you."
"He wouldn't dare." My eyes flashed angrily.
"Okay, okay, lets leave the sibling talk for now." Bonnie was quick to intervene.
"Fine." I sighed. "So you and Jeremy. No more?"
"No more." She shook her head. "He chose to kiss Anna, and I'm not going to be a consolation prize."
"As well you shouldn't. This Jeremy sounds like an arsehole." Rebekah said, determined.
"Arsehole." Bonnie mimicked with a giggle. "You're so British."
"Just because I don't say ass, doesn't mean I'm wrong." She ate some ice cream.
"So what did you and Abraham do all day?" Bonnie asked.
"We talked. He told me about Benji, and his children. How he even named his firstborn after me."
"And you just talked?" Rebekah said, disbelievingly.
"Well no. But Damon walked in while we were being intimate."
"What?!" Bonnie and Rebekah yelled at the same time. They looked at each other before turning back to me.
"I hid under the covers." I shrugged.
"Damon walked in on you having sex with Abraham. How are you so chill about this?"
"Because how else am I supposed to react. Abraham was pissed though. He was so close to getting out of bed and defending my honour."
"So what was it like?" Rebekah smirked deviously.
"What do you mean?"
"You and Abraham. It's been a thousand years. Was it just like you remembered or was it better?"
"Rebekah!" I scolded as she laughed.
"What, it's not as though any of us are virgins."
"Speak for yourselves." Bonnie rolled her eyes.
"Guess I was mistaken." Rebekah frowned. "My apologies."
"It's fine. I just haven't been with anyone long enough. I want my first time to mean something." She sighed.