19

After ripping Mikael's heart out, I sped away to find a way to get a hold of Mikael. It took a while but eventually, I decided to find Tyler. I tried the school but there was no one there so I found his house. I figured he might know something seeing as apparently he was sired to Nik.
"Hi, you must be Mrs Lockwood." I smiled as a woman opened the door.
"And you are?" She asked, as Nik walked out behind her, putting a hand on her shoulder.
"My sister, Mayor. You wouldn't mind inviting her in before you leave, would you?" He compelled, and she shook her head.
"Come on in."  She smiled and walked out. Normally I would scold Niklaus for his unnecessary use of compulsion but I had much more pressing matters.
"We have to celebrate." He grinned at me. "Mikael's daggered."
"You don't truly believe that Nik, do you?"
"Of course not. It's an obvious ploy. Am I really supposed to believe the man who has threatened to bring Mikael into town to get rid of me would dagger him and offer his body up- the only leverage he had."
"Good. Because it's a ploy to kill you. Mikael has the white oak stake he means to kill you with."
"Yes, But we already knew that. What I don't understand is why would Rebekah turn on me? Does she really hate me that much?"
"She found out you killed our mother, Nik. She's angry, but she'll come around." He stiffened.
"You know about that?"
"Rebekah told me. In between her tears of how you betrayed us."
"So why don't you hate me?"
"She and Mikael are the reason why I lost my child, Nik. What do I care whether she lives or dies. That may sound harsh, but who killed her doesn't matter. She's still dead. And I still hate her and Mikael."
"I- I'm sorry, Ami."
"So am I. Just promise me you won't let him kill you. Promise me you'll survive. I can't lose another person I love."
"You won't. Always and Forever, right?" He kissed my forehead.
"Always and Forever." I nodded.
"Will you help me plan a party? You've always had a knack for such things."
"I'm sure my version of a party is a little outdated, but I do have news to share." I smiled.
"Pray tell, what has you so happy?"
"Bonnie is amazing. She's just how I imagined my baby would have been. And I found another relative. She's a vampire, and she's Benji's daughter. I met my granddaughter."
"Your granddaughter."
"Benji had three kids, Nik. And Amira was turned into a vampire, Nik. She was turned into a vampire forty years after us. I met Benji's daughter."
"And you're sure?"
"She knew things only Abraham and Benji did."
"I'm happy for you. And maybe I can meet her myself."
"After all this is over, most definitely. I haven't had the chance to tell anyone else yet. Save for Bonnie."
"Your secret is safe with me." I hugged him.
"Nik, I want Finn back. I need Finn."
"After tonight, you can take the dagger out yourself. He's in the truck, just outside Mystic Falls."
"And no killing anyone, tonight."
"Except Mikael."
"Except Mikael." I repeated.
"I will threaten them."
"But you will not kill them."

Niklaus had me hide in one of the rooms upstairs until the showdown, so I decided to practise my magic- spells I'd use on Mikael when he came. A hybrid walked into the room I was in to let me know.
"Klaus said to let you know Mikael is here."
"Well, it'd be rude not to show him a lovely time, wouldn't it?" I stood and made my way downstairs to the door where Mikael and Niklaus were facing each other. A group of Nik's hybrids were surrounding Mikael.
"They can't kill me." Mikael said, cockily.
"True. But it'll make a hell of a party game." Niklaus smirked.
"Kind of like when I ripped your heart out. How did that feel Mikael? To be bested by your daughter."
"I'm impressed, sister. You found a heart?"
"Believe you me, I was just as surprised."
"All I have to do..." Nik held out two fingers. "is rub these two fingers together and they'll pounce."
"The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me."
"Oh, Nik, please tell me you didn't forget to put them on vervain." I turned to him.
"I didn't forget." He said. I let out a sigh of relief. "I just didn't realise I had to." I shook my head, as a hybrid cane forth with Elena.
"Elena!" I surged forward but Nik held me back. The hybrid threw Elena to Mikael, who held a dagger against her stomach.
"Come out and face me, Niklaus. Or she dies."
"Mikael-"
"Don't you worry. I have a surprise for you as well." He said as a hybrid brought in Amira, an arm through her chest.
"Amira!" I once again tried to speed out but Nik held me back. 'You promised me' I mouthed. He nodded. "I suppose you really haven't changed Mikael. You're still the same, shameful, prideful man who gets offended at another's happiness." I scoffed before looking at the hybrid that held Amira's heart. I narrowed my eyes focusing on his arm. "Ossox."
"Argh!" He yelled, letting go of Amira, and I immediately rushed over to her, pulling her behind me.
"Are you okay?" I looked at her, and she nodded. Klaus and Mikael were talking.
"Thank you."
"Of course. Now keep yourself safe. You can't come inside because the owner's not home, and I'm not leaving you out here for Mikael again."
"I'll be okay. Will you?"
"I think I'll be fine." I nodded and rushed back to Nik's side as she sped away. "Vodux." I looked at Mikael before pulling my hands away from each other as he unwillingly let go of the dagger. Elena moved away from him, and into the safety of the house, and I looked at her in concern. She waved me away, and I turned to Mikael. "He has my loyalty, Mikael. He's my brother and I would choose him over you a thousand times and a thousand times over. Or did I not make that clear enough when I shoved my hand into your chest and pulled out your heart?"
"You can do magic?"
"It's the consequence I had to suffer for your actions." I curled my lip in disgust. "Of course Esther bound it and tied it to Nik's curse."
"Kaboom!" Elena threw two objects that exploded to the hybrids and they burned as Damon attacked Nik from behind with the dagger. Elena sped away with vampiric speed outside.
"Damon!" I snarled as he threw another of the same object that Elena had at me. My face was burning and melting as I screamed in pain. After it had healed I could see Damon about to stake Nik with the white oak stake, but Stefan knocked him off and held him down.
"What are you doing?" Damon hissed at his brother as Niklaus grabbed hold of the stake.
"Ah Sha Lana." I said and Mikael fell to the ground hands on his head. Nik used that moment to stake him in the heart and we watched as he burst into flames.
"What the hell did you do?" Damon looked horrified at his brother.
"He's earned his freedom." Niklaus said, as Stefan got off Damon. Nik faced Stefan. "Thank you, my friend. You no longer have to do as I say. You're free."