25

"What do you say, Klaus? It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter." Damon and my brother walked in.
"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one?"
"Matt Donovan? Really?" Damon looked disgusted.
"Yeah, why not? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."
"And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids, right Klaus?"
"Unless, of course, Matt decides to resurrect his sister again and she goes after Elena. Again."
"Enough, sister. And just consider it a small investment on her wellbeing. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. You know it's what's best for her. And isn't that what you want? What's best for her." Stefan took a few steps towards Nik.
"What are you doing?" Damon asked as Niklaus raised his arm and Stefan grabbed it.
"Nice try, Klaus. But no deal." He smirked. Nik broke Stefan's arm then kicked his leg, breaking it too. He pushed Stefan's hand into the fireplace, making it burn. Damon tried to rush towards his brother but Elijah intercepted him.
"Aqua." I said and water doused the fire and Stefan's arm. "Enough violence."
"Damon, bring us the coffin, or my sister won't be able to stop me the next time." Niklaus threatened.
"I'll get it." Damon said.
"Go with him, brother. You keep him honest. And when you return, I will make good on my promise to the both of you and I will hand over our family. Undaggered."
"I'll go with them. Behave, Nik." I said and we walked out. Elijah, however walked to the basement. "What are you doing? The door is that way."
"I know. But I'm done playing by Niklaus's rules. I took the daggers out of our siblings earlier. They should be awake by now."
"And the coffin?"
"If it'll stop Niklaus and his madness, then let it be."
"No, Elijah. And don't try to snap my neck Damon. I assure you I'm faster than you." I said, and he moved to my line of sight. "It's not a weapon to kill Nik. It's a goddamned bomb that'll take out everything with it. Damon- rest assured you and your brother will die. Bonnie will die, and Caroline will die. Tyler will die, and there's a fifty fifty chance Elena will die. You don't want to do this."
"It's too late. Bonnie and her mother are already almost done. You might as well join the party."
"Look, let's just let our siblings and then you can deal with the coffin."
"I'll be back for our siblings. But I will not allow that coffin to be opened. Where is it, Damon?"
"It's in the caves. There's a place where no vampire can enter."
"Boundary spells are fickle things." I repeated and sped out to the forest caves. I listened for Bonnie, but heard nothing. So instead I searched. A few minutes later I found the place. The coffin was wide open, Bonnie and her mother on the ground. I listened and heard them breathing. I quickly cast a spell to make sure they survived before running out. By the time I got back, the Salvatores were gone, but my siblings were all there.
"Hi." I breathed.
"Amity!" Finn sped in front of me and I enveloped him in a hug.
"Finny." I held him closer to me. "I missed you."
"And I you." He said as we parted. He tucked my hair behind my ears, as he grasped both of my cheeks.
"Kol!" I exclaimed as he stood in front of me. I gave him a huge hug, as well before slapping him across the face.
"Ouch, sister!" He exclaimed.
"That was for also deciding to keep Finn and I daggered for nine centuries."
"What about Elijah, Nik, and Rebekah?"
"They have all paid a price." I explained and Rebekah smiled at me.
"I like what you've done with the new place, Nik." She said sarcastically, throwing a vase at a painting.
"I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could all call home. A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again." He replied.
"Well you're right," Elijah said. "None of us will be."
"You're staying behind." Finn added, as though it were rehearsed.
"We're leaving you, Nik. Right after I kill that doppelgänger wench, then you will be alone." Rebekah piled on, before taunting him. "Always and forever."
"If you run, I will hunt all of you down."
"Then you'll become everything you hate. Our father." Elijah said spitefully.
"I'm the hybrid! I can't be killed! I have nothing to fear from any of you."
"You will," Elijah paused. "when we have that coffin."
"Enough." I said. "Nik, stop with the 'I'm the hybrid, bla bla bla' crap. Okay we get it. And secondly, nobody is leaving. We are going to get over our issues as a family and live our life. Now Bonnie and her mother managed to open that coffin, but that is not something you should count as good, Elijah. So everyone, enough with the dramatics. I want my family all together. Family is the one thing we all have left and I won't let any of you ruin it. Got it?" I said.
"But-" Rebekah started.
"No, and you can forget any thought of killing Elena. There will be no killing of the people in this town. This was our home. And you want to shed blood on the land we were raised in- not for survival but for fun? Absolutely not. The people in this town will not come to harm by any of us."
"What if-" Kol started.
"If the situation is ever dire, there is always compulsion. And that is not something you'll be using lightly either."
"He kept us daggered." Finn glared at Nik.
"They all kept us daggered, Finn. But they're our family. I'm not ready to give up on that."