1

I sat up, gasping for breath. Where was I?
"Amity!" A blur flew at me. "Sister!"
"Rebekah?" I croaked. I could not help but grab at my throat. Something was wrong. What was wrong? Why could I not breathe?
"You're hungry." She said and lifted me out of a box.
"Where am I?" I took a step back, desperately ignoring the burn in my throat. She looked hurt. A man walked in. I could not help but be somewhat drawn to him. No- not to him. His blood. Of course. That made sense. After mother turned us into these cursed creatures, I'd been yearning for blood. "Rebekah, what is going on?"
"First, let us quench your thirst." She said, holding my hand. She pulled me along to the man.
"No. Please, please don't make me. I don't want to kill him." I begged.
"And you won't, Ami. You've always had such control."
"Bekah, I'm so thirsty, I fear I might not be able to stop myself in time."
"Come on, sister. I'll stop you, if you can't, but you must feed."
"I said no, Rebekah." She nodded and stepped down, and walked over to the man.
"Go, forget you ever met me or my sister. Forget all the events of today that normally has nothing to do with your life and go home." She told him and he nodded. "Come with me. I know of a way to quench your thirst, without having to bite a human."
"How?" I asked.
"Let us wait here for Niklaus, first. He can help us. I don't understand much of this century yet."
"Century?" I asked. Her eyes widened and she looked down. "Rebekah. What do you mean by century?"
"Sister, you remember Alexander?"
"The man you claim to love?"
"I did love him." She defended furiously. "He knew what we were all along, and with his 'brotherhood', he found a way to get rid of sister. A set of mystical daggers, dipped in the ash of the white oak tree we burned to the ground. That night he came over, they plunged the daggers into each of our hearts. They incapacitate us, sister- send us into a deep sleep from which we can only waken by the removal of the dagger."
"How are we awake?"
"The daggers couldn't affect Niklaus. His werewolf side could not be affected by silver, and so he healed. He undaggered us all, save for you and Finn. You were hurting, sister. You did not agree with vampirism. We only sought to unburden you."
"It was not your decision to make. Any of yours. I am your sister, and I deserve better respect than how you've treated me."
"Ami-"
"Enough, Rebekah. I do not understand everything fully, but I remember feeling afraid. I wasn't simply asleep. I was in eternal suffering. I thought I was dead. I thought I was in hell. I don't know how long it has been, but you sentenced me to eternal damnation, because you didn't believe I could carry the weight of being a vampire."
"You have always hated what we were, sister."
"And for that I should be punished? Where is Finn? You said all save he and I were daggered."
"He's still daggered." I shook my head at her and noticed more boxes around us. I opened the nearest one to mine- it was Finn. Wrapping my hand around the dagger, I started to pull it out, but it wouldn't move. I pulled at it again and again and again, until Rebekah pushed me away. "No, Ami. You don't understand. Niklaus will put you back in your coffin if you attempt to awaken any of them. He's different to who he once was."
"I don't care. I will not stay, as Finn suffers. He deserves to be awake."
"Ami, Niklaus will dagger the both of you. It would be cruel, to give him a taste of freedom, before sentencing him with the dagger." She said, earnestly.
"It's better than leaving him to rot. I can't leave him, Rebekah, now move out of my way."
"No." She said, in defiance.
"You are refusing me? I am your older sister Rebekah. Now I will only ask you one more time. Move out of my way."
"I just got you back, sister. I refuse to let you throw your freedom away so easily."
"My freedom means nothing if my family isn't there with me. And Finn is a part of that family."
"Now, now, sister, you wouldn't be planning anything stupid, now would you?" I heard Niklaus call out and Rebekah rushed at him and plunged a dagger I did not even know she was holding through his chest.
"Go to hell, Nik!" She scowled. He pulled it out and dropped it on the ground beside him.
"Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me." He smirked. "Hello, sister."
"Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more."
"I refuse to say another word to any of you until you explain everything, and then release our siblings." I snarled.
"I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah. So I'm going to let that go. Just this once. Brought you a little peace offering." He turned and called out, ignoring me altogether. "You can come in."
"Stefan..." Rebekah said softly at the young man who came in. I crossed my arms as Niklaus stood between them.
"Now you remember." He said. It was just like Niklaus to toy with the memories of others.
"Rebekah." He said, walking to my sister.
"Stefan." Niklaus stopped him. The man looked at Niklaus, recognition on his face.
"I remember you. We were friends."
"We are friends." Niklaus corrected.
"Don't lie to the poor man, Niklaus. You have no friends." I scoffed.
"Amity, sister."
"Why is it you store our family in these boxes, Niklaus?"
"Perhaps we should talk later. As for now- have you fed? Surely you need blood. What happened to the gift I left for you?"
"Niklaus, that was not a gift. That was a man. With a life. His life, not one for you to decide is worthless. Not a life for you to give."
"Sister, please. Always with the dramatics."
"Dramatics?"
"Making more of a situation than is necessary." Rebekah whispered.
"Niklaus-" I stride over to him and stood in front of him.
"Step aside, sister." He said. "You're weak and hungry, it wouldn't be a fair match."
"It shouldn't have to come to a fight. I am your sister. Or have the centuries you've left me to rot erased whatever meaning that had."
"You're my sister, but don't for a second believe that gives you a hold over me." I slapped him.
"Respect your elders, little brother. And I will not tolerate your childish behaviour. Understand?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Given that we did leave you to sleep for centuries, I will ignore that. But times have changed, sister. The sooner you understand that, the less likely I'll be to shove another dagger through your-"
"Sleep. There's that word again. Times may have changed, but you are still my little brother. And you will respect me. I will allow you two moons to awaken our siblings. You do not want to infuriate me, little brother. Don't you remember?" I shoved past his shoulder and walked out.