Devine interference

Another interesting history class ended and Lisa was ogling Elijah one more time.

"Miss Riccitelli, may I have a word with you please?"

Elijah was looking expectantly at me as Lisa and I were about to pass him on our way out of the auditorium.

"Yes professor..." I couldn't remember which name he used, but it sure wasn't his real name; Mikaelson. Hesitantly I walked up to the desk he was standing behind.

"Miss Riccitelli I'm a bit worried that you have misunderstood this assignment." He said in his formal voice.

My God! He was really going all the way with this teacher gig.

"I think your opinion on the..." I saw his eyes flicker to the line of students leaving and when we were all alone his voice took a different note. "Emilia, you have to snap out of this!"

I looked a bit confused at him.

"You can't just keep putting your head in the sand; you're a brave young girl."

I wasn't sure if this was a compliment or a scowling.

"You fought my mother; even Niklaus is scared of her." He tried to joke about it.

"I don't remember what happened..."

"Don't think you can distract me from my initial intention." He had his trademark superior smile on. "Are you going to tell me what is going on between you and Mr Salvatore?"

I studied him intent as I thought about how perceptive he was. Maybe it was Klaus that had told him. I sighed.

"Sorry, That's in the 'do not open-pile'...and it's heading in the 'don't even think about opening this-pile'." I sighed again. "What happened to you mother?"

It was his turn to observe me and then he leaned a bit closer. "That's in the 'do not discuss on campus-pile'." He smiled that flirty smile which told me he would not be easy to fool. "We can discuss it somewhere else if you wish; somewhere off campus."

I knew he was right and he named a place and a time where we could dig into the scary stuff without eavesdroppers.

Lisa's worried eyes watched me as I walked up to her table in the cafeteria. "Was Professor White hard on you?"

At first I just wondered who she was talking about, but then I got it. "No, he was just curious about something I wrote. I didn't get why those Vikings left Europe in the first place; was it just curiosity or was it some specific turn of event that made them leave?" I rambled on and on and didn't want to be caught lying.

"I wouldn't complain about spending some one on one time with that hunk." Lisa sighed with a longing look on her face. "Do you think he's seeing someone?"

"Lisa!" I almost choked on my orange juice. "I think it's rather unethical for a teacher to date a student."

"We're both adults; humans with animal urges."

No not him, he's pure animal... When you have seen a guy rip someone's heart out through the chest-bone, it takes its toll on the sexual appeal.

I took one of the busses in to town with the direction on a map in my phone; parked outside the cafe stood the dark SUV one just like Klaus'. As I entered I found him sitting in a booth in the most charming place; with a really intimate personal decor.

When I walked up to his table, he got up on his feet and kissed my hand in a chivalrous way. I felt a little embarrassed about having thrown myself around his neck a few weeks earlier.