Birthday celebration

Caroline and Elena had decided that since my birthday-celebrating had been a bit flat, due to the fact that we were running for our lives at the time; they wanted to throw me a real party. Elena was determined that it was going to be a better eighteen birthday than she had; with Stefan on the rampage, apparently killing Damon's girlfriend that night.

"She wasn't really his girlfriend; she was just a compelled distraction." Caroline explained, supposedly not to trigger any jealousy in me; any jealousy that could trigger a killer rampage on my part, making me run out the door and slain half of Mystic Falls.

Oh puh-leas!

I felt almost as I had done before, just a little bit more confident and a lot more annoyed!

"Can't you just stop walking on eggshells around me?" I growled. "It's not like you wouldn't be able to fight me off if I would decide to jump you." I said with the sweetest, yet most fake smile I could dispatch.

They pinned me with their scrutinizing look.

"Okay, I get it!" Elena sighed. "Stefan didn't leave my side a second in the beginning."

Caroline interrupted Elena with her story. "I ate a nurse, a poor guy I just sucked completely dry and then I sank my teeth in Matt; that was the worst. The guilt was killing me!" Caroline growled. "But Stefan compelled him to forget and then I was guilty about that!"

Yeah guilt was a bitch and I could recognize the need to grovel about every single thing I had said or done, but I had always been a thinker...

I was done dressing up, just in time to watch the most gorgeous guy to ever walk this earth, stop and check me out.

He was dressed in a black suit with a grey shirt under and he just took my breath away.

"Damn you're hot!" He said and kissed my neck, making me giggle and squirm.

I had made a bunch of tiny messy braids, making my hair look like 'Gossip-girl-chic'. I had a grey halter neck dress, leaving my back bare and the high heels Damon and I bought in New York.

I was a bit out of practice walking in them, and was relieved when Damon offered me his arm. I laid my hand in the crook of his arm and I was glad for the support as we walked downstairs. A cheer erupted and I watched amazed all the people that had gathered in our house.

With a pang of jealousy I was reminded of the New Years Eve party where I was ready to give up my life, because Damon had decided he was bad for me. I glanced up at him and got a flirty look in return; his mind was obviously not there.

"Are you okay, princess?" He whispered and I smiled up at him.

"I'm fine."

"You're not gonna eat our guests now, are you?" He teased me and just received a glare and a nudge with my elbow. "Be careful, love; you don't want to hurt me now?" he kept teasing.

"Well you better not make me mad then!" I pretended to tease him.

"Anything to make you punish me, miss Emilia." he whispered, making me shiver and blush.

There was a big table filled with presents and I was absolutely amazed. Never in my life had I got that many presents, but on the other hand; I had never had a party like this either.

Note to myself; thank Caroline for her party-arranging skills.

Suddenly someone flung their self around my neck and I felt Damon go on high alert. He was terrified for my sake that I would sink my teeth into anyone here and I could feel my eyes flicker to the soft spot on the neck before me and suddenly it was like I could hear a pulse beat over the loud music blasting. It felt like my own pulse started to synchronize with that beat, and soon I couldn't tell if it was her heartbeats or mine.