Halloween

That night I dreamed I kissed Mark; it was a passionate really hot, steamy and sexy kiss, not like the ones I had got from him in real life. I was sliding my fingers in his long dark-blond hair while the kiss was deep and breathtaking.

Suddenly I broke off the kiss and turned smiling to Damon and slid my arms around his neck. He pulled me close and my heart started beating like crazy as he kissed me with all the tension that's been building up between us. In an instant he had lifted me up against the wall and I wrapped my legs around him while we kissed till my head spun.

I woke up with a gasp and sat up in bed; I felt my cheeks blush and my heart pounded as I pulled the covers up around me.

My God, what was wrong with me?

I sat there for quite a while to let my pulse and breathing to slow down, while I wondered what the hell was wrong with me. I had a really cute rock star boyfriend and Damon was my brother; yes we didn't share parents, but how close related were we really?

It took some time and a cold shower for me to cool down. I didn't know how I would react if I ran into Damon and the whole way down I chanted; 'Please don't let me meet him, please don't let me meet him...'

As I walked into the kitchen I saw him sit by the kitchen table.

Oh crap!

"Good morning, bella." He said with a charming smile. "Have you slept well?"

I gave a strained smile. "Very well..."

He looked hard at me and then stated: "You're lying..." he said it soft and with a slightly surprised voice. "Why would you lie about that?" he pondered with those piercing eyes probing me for an answer.

I whipped my head his direction and I bet my eyes were wide with fear that he would figure it out. My cheeks went red like a tomato, no doubt.

That was the moment he did. "You dreamt about me!"

I just turned around and walked out of there as the fight or flight instinct kicked in; I fled. I heard him chuckle behind me. I went straight up to my room, plopped down on my bed and put a pillow over my head.

How could I ever face him again?

"Was I naked?" I heard in a teasing tone from the doorway.

Oh, Great!

I took the pillow off and glared at him as I got up from my bed. "No it was nothing like that!" I lied, but felt again how my cheeks got hot under his gaze. I did my best to avoid his eyes and just walk past him.

He got hold of my arm as I passed him; we had no eye contact, he just said quiet in my ear. "I've dreamt about you too..."

My heart skipped a beat or two...

Suddenly he let me go and walked away from me; I was sure he was smirking even though I couldn't see it. I had to grip the doorpost since my head was spinning.

Technically I know I can't blame him for what I dream, but his teasing just infuriated me.

I drew a few deep breaths and then walked down for breakfast. I just pulled my hair up in a messy bun, brushed my teeth, grabbed my car keys and drove to school to do finishing touches to the Halloween decor.

Even though Elena and I had been in the school premises a lot of times to work in the gym, it felt completely different today. Here was a whole lot of people carving pumpkins and placing them, putting up cobwebs throughout the hallway and other ghouly decors. I headed over to the gym where I was assigned and saw immediately Caroline order people around. She was actually really good at telling people what to do in a constructive way, at least most of the time, and I could tell she had been practicing this skill for a long time.