Bonus Chapter

There are always two sides of a story, and I want to give you my point of view. Because I'm generous like that... // Damon

Of all the things I've done in my life... or death; babysitting is the last thing I would ever considering. I mean; I've lied, manipulated, cheated and slaughtered. I've ripped peoples head off, just for the fun of it!

How am I supposed to be a rolemodel of a little girl? Come on!

Of course the imbacile Zack had some nephew that we had to take care of now. Oh why hadn't I killed him earlier?

With a sigh I entered the airport to pick this girl up. I couldn't really send Stefan, not while he was still in his ripper-douche bag state; he would probably eat the poor girl before she entered Mystic Falls.

Hey, there's a thought!

The area swarmed with scents and I drew in a breath, doing my best not to indulge in the alluring temptation. I found a spot where I had a good view over the stupid people of this scene from 'Stepfordwives'. There were parents and children reunited in beautiful scenes and for a moment I thought about what it would be like to be part of that human life. I pushed it back into oblivion; no use in wallowing, and instead amused myself with wondering how they would react if I had just grabbed that little baby and made a main course of it.

I smirked to myself as I crossed my arms over my chest.

Everybody seemed to have somebody to meet them and nobody looked to be worthy of being related to us Salvatore's. The airport had apparently been swarmed by these Barbie's and I sighed annoyed when my eyes caught a blackhaired girl who seemed lost.

I amused myself with following this 'little girl lost', hiding in her hair, while she seemed to go through every emotion in the book; confusion, abandonment, sorrow and I found myself wanting to comfort this girl in a way I hadn't want to do earlier.

This definitely falls under the confidentiallity clause, and you know what happens if any of you readers break that, don't you?

While walking up to her I saw how she looked bitter and I recognized that emotion only too well. "Emilia Riccitelli?" I asked and noticed the way her eyes widened. "I'm Damon Salvatore." She seemed to recognize my name and I realized that this must be her. "I'm here to pick you up." I smiled by the obvious pick up line and noticed how she seemed to lose her train of thoughts. This could be fun.

"Er, thanks." She said and I smiled a crocked smile.

I decided to tease her obvious way of being impressed by my charming look and style. I spoke slowly as if she had a problem with her hearing, and held my hand out for her to shake.

"Hi, I'm Em." She said, looking embarrassed.

I couldn't help but to be taken by her beautiful eyes and I had to force myself to snap out of it. "Zack's my...uncle as well, that must make us... cousins..." I don't know why I didn't want to think of her as too close related, but even if I said she was my cousin I knew that I was in fact uncle to her great, great...great grand uncle or something. She was just a kid. Bitterly I exhaled and turned that smile on again. "Zack has been out of town for a while now, but me and my brother live with him, so we'll take care of you." I wiggled my brows.

Her eyes widened visually and I was perplex to what extend she was affected, but at the same time I knew how easily manipulated humans were.

For some reason I couldn't keep my eyes from her and that astounded me more. "Let's get you home, shall we." I smiled and wiggled my eyebrows in the way I knew played in my favour. I took her suitcase and we exited the waiting area of the airport.