Batter up

"Emilia, I've found a gym in town; you wanna come, buff up a bit?" Elena called. "I think you should come too Caroline."

Caroline, perky as always was of course up to it and we got permission from the brothers to go.

"Elena's doing just fine and I think you girls could use some time together without us guys." Stefan kissed her temple. "She's doing really good with the diet and she's stabile."

"Yes, you're perfectly safe with me." Elena said with a smile.

"I can slip you some blood now, then you'll be fine whatever happens." Damon called from the kitchen door where he stood with a glass of bourbon in his hand.

"Damon!!" Elena yelled and he just smirked.

I gave him a questioning look, knowing his reaction to me asking why he wouldn't turn me. He just smiled at me.

"I'll get her off of you if we need it." Caroline told me in a low voice.

"Caroline! Can't everyone just stop treating me as a ticking bomb?" Elena growled.

"Come on." I said, hooking my arm in hers. "Let's go, don't mind them."

We packed some sweats and headed for the small gym. It was in the middle of the day and we were almost the only ones in there.

After some small warm-up, I put weights on the barr and laid down to do some bench-press. Elena stood by my head to grab it if she needed to, and Caroline was doing biceps curls with a pair of dumbbells. I had been a little worried that I would be extremely out of shape, since we hadn't trained at all, except for the running, but it felt good to be back in the gym and I felt actually strong.

I finished my set and we changed; Elena got on the bench and I stood behind her.

I took a look around while she settled in and noticed the gym was kind of worn down, perhaps that was the reason here were only two others, beside us.

As Elena's hands were on the bar, I focused on her, as a good team player. She raised her arms and the bar just flew up in the air, almost knocking me over.

"What the hell?" I yelled, making the other people in the gym stare at us.

"Sorry." Elena said with a guilty look on her face. "I forgot."

Caroline came over to our side. "You forgot you're a vampire?" she hissed. "You have to be careful not to expose us. I'm sure you have no trouble to take that dumb bar with one hand, you have to act weak." She hissed.

"Jeez, thanks!" Again, sarcasm was just oozing out of me. "Sorry that you have to buff up this poor defenceless human." It felt really tiring to be the weak link all the time. "I'll just give up and go back home." I gathered my stuff and was about to walk out of there.

"Emilia! You can't leave us here!" Elena called.

"Yes, this was just a bad idea." I muttered and actually walked out the door.

They hurried after me, but I was determined to not do any weight-lifting that day, and probably not any other days either; at least not in this crowd. When we arrived back at the house, Damon and Tyler was standing on the porch.

"How did the work-out go; did it work out?" He smirked, amused by his clever joke.

"I will not lift weights with any more vampires!" I snarled annoyed and watched Elena and Caroline enter the house and close the door behind them. "I'm tired of being the weak human, which everybody needs to protect, so I won't get a stupid paper-cut and get eaten by some stupid Cullen visiting." I rambled on.