Chapter 27-Close yet not Close Enough

Beverly's POV:

"Ugh...This sucks..."I moaned out as the nerd guy worked quietly at his computer.I woke up only an hour ago and I was already planning an escape route.But then realized I couldn't after feeling a burning sensation on my arm.Large silver cuffs barely touched my skin but they were small enough to stop me from slipping my wrist out.So if I shifted it would burn my arm off.

Damn you,silver.

"I'm hungry."I said.

No answer.

"Excuse me sir.Pardon me if I am interrupting your science experiment but the pregnant and kidnapped lady is hungry.Wolves have a insanely high matabolism."He made a small sigh and got up and came over.I took the time to look at his name tag that was a bit sideways do to the fold of his jacket.But I could make out the name.

"Thanks Carlisle."I said smiling pleasantly.He sighed again and opened the door.He made a slight screeching sound.What was that?A lot of people did it.Suddenly Ariella was back in.He made more screeching sounds and she nodded.He undid the cuffs and I got up following Ariella.She gave me more clothes and brought me to the same room with the bathroom.I sighed and ran the water as it ran I took in the window.The bars were easily bendable and I could slide open the glass.I could shift so it wouldn't be that hard of a fall.

But I was so hungry...

I looked around and saw a bowl of fruit.I touched it making sure it was real and then I began stuffing my face with apples,pears,bananas and grapes.Once I was finished I left the water running and quickly opened the door.Ariella was gone so I shut it and locked it.It wasn't much of a lock but it will stall them for a second or two.

I shifted and it was rather unpleasant.I guess from being human for so long it made my bones use to human form.For a large wolf and demon thing I was rather stealthy.I bent the bars easily enough so I could fit through.I opened the window and was perched on the sill.I closed the window.Another stall operation if they look there and decide to go out the window.The drop was about a second floor balcony high.It wasn't that bad.I lightly dropped and landed silently on the balls of my feet.

A pain wrenched through my stomach and I touched it lightly feeling whatever inside of me...moving around.I growled quietly and forced the pain and the moving aside.I ran for the forest not sure where I was headed.I couldn't smell anything.No animals,no humans...nothing.A pang of fear shot through me.

Who knows where I was.I had to get far enough away in order to shift.

Carlisle's POV:

I sat at the computer looking at the screen.After scanning Beverly's tests...I couldn't believe it.

"That's impossible."I murmured.Suddenly I heard the door open.I spun in my chair to face Ariella.She was small and fragile but there was something about her...something good and nice for a demon...never mind.

"Is something wrong?"I asked nicely.

"The princess.She's been locked in the bathroom for an hour and the door is locked."She said nervously.

"Let's go."I said not worried.She couldn't leave.This place was charmed.Silver had the key to leave and he was at the Club to talk with some other demon leaders.She could just keep running but no matter what she would end up back here.

I jiggled the door knob and it was locked.I heard the water running and water began to spread over the tub.Then I realized she could have drowned or something.I hit the door with my hand easily knocking it down.The water was over flowing and Ariella rushed to turn it off.Beverly was not in the tub.That's when I looked at the window.

"She needed some daily physical activity."I said folding my arms and smiling.Ariella began cleaning the water and I went back to my lab grabbing my phone.I quickly dialed Silver's number.

"Carlisle."He stated.I heard the music of the club in the background but my hearing made me hear Silver perfectly.

'She got out."I said.

"Outside?"

"Yea.She's running but she will just end up back here.Over and over again."

"True..."He said trailing off like he was thinking.

"I guess it's alright for physical activity."

"Yes.Let her run it off and she will soon get tired.She hasn't eaten much.Wolves burn food and energy faster.So her werewolf side should kick in.I will be home soon."He said.

"Alright."I said and the line went dead.I grabbed some papers and headed outside.I sat under a large tree in a chair with a table.I just sat back seeing her run here again.

"Cool,eh?"I asked folding my hands and sitting comfortably.I must say I found her half wolf and half demon form quite fascinating.She was black like a demon and had the demon teeth and eyes,hands and other small features but she had a small snout,large ears and she had some fur but it was still unique.She just starred and took off again.I shrugged and began looking over the test results.

Soon Ariella came out with some lemonade.

"It's hot out."She said smiling laying the tray down.

"Thank you Ariella."She smiled not meeting my eyes which was quite cute and-...God I can't think about Ariella like that.I am Silver's right hand man I have to focus on Beverly and the children she is carrying.

I still did not find her test results believable.

"Is she running?"She asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yea.Silver said to just let her run.She can't go anywhere because he has the key.So she will soon get tired and hungry and thristy."

"What about..."She trailed off.

"The children?They control themselves.They own her.She doesn't own them.If they soon get hungry then they will make her stop."I said looking into the forest where she ran off.

Brandon's POV:

"I found him."Amanda said sitting in the chair and looking around aimlessly.I handed her a martini glass that was filled with water.

"Whatever you do don't let them feed off of you.Apparently a pure blood spur bite is deadly to pure blood werewolves."I said remembering what Angelica had found and told me about an hour ago.

"Have you told everyone?"Amanda asked.

"Connie hasn't come yet."

"Shit.She's in trouble."She said getting up.

"Amanda what's wrong?"

"I saw that silver guy bite her.He's about to leave I heard him on the phone.we have to follow him and get out of here."She said.I touched my ear piece as I followed her.

"Tyler get everyone and let's go.Connie's indanger."I said.

"Already here."Tyler said behind us was everyone we brought in.As we walked out through the back we heard screams.

"Angelica get everyone on fifty five street Silver has taken Connie."I said walking faster down the street.We couldn't rush in.He was our only way in to finding Beverly.Soon everyone scouting on the streets were somehow on the roof tops.Already in werewolf form.

"everyone change back we can't rush into this he is our only way in finding Beverly."I saw them shift back and when I looked back I saw a rather large group heading into the forest.

"We got em'."I said.