My Arranged Marriage to a Cocky Arrogant Self-centered...Hot Alpha

Chapter 1

Normal people are suprised with things like new phones and money. People like me get surprised with a new husband.

"Beverly Hills! That's where I want to be! Livin' in Beverly Hills!" I sang while dancing around my messy room. Boots and Priscilla, my two cats, sat on my desk chair. Boots is a grey tabby, and Priscilla is one of those extremely fluffy white cats, she is my little cotton ball. They were my best pals, and we always listened to music at the highest sound in my room.

Before work, I always jam to my favourite music. It got me pumped for another super exciting shift at Johnny's Sports! Note the sarcasm. Someone purchasing a hockey stick is the equivalent to fighting a giant cyclopes.

I threw on some skinny jeans, shoved on my work shirt, and then grabbed my phone and wallet.

"Mom, I'm leaving!" I shouted while running down the stairs.

"Okay sweetie, have a good shift." She replied.

"I just can't wait for all of the excitement that is going to happen." I said cheerily and I saw my mom poke her head out of the kitchen and roll her eyes at me.

"It's money, Beverly." She called back. I made a face and walked out to the vehicle my mother and I shared. We didn't have enough money for a separate vehicle and if she wasn't working I could use it to go to work.

----

I yawned tiredly as I drove back home, sometimes I needed a break from socialization and I needed to go hibernate in my room with my cats. Call me psycho but it's true, I really thrived on that quiet time I had.

I stepped into the house to notice the lights were on and I frowned confused. Mom was in bed at around eleven and I stayed to help clean up so it was midnight, but the house looked like it was day time. Both Boots and Priscilla waited by the door for me sitting side by side and they both meowed at me.

"What's going on? You guys partying?" I asked as I heard the small pound of their feet following me into the kitchen. I dropped the keys and my wallet onto the table and I slid off my shoes while leaving them by the back door so that my mom could yell at me later for it.

"Mom?" I called out.

"In here, sweetheart." Her voice was strained, and weaved with trouble. I found that highly unusual, since her voice was normally so preppy.

As I walked into the living room, I saw two strangers standing beside my mom. One was a man, and the other a woman. The man had black hair that was beginning to turn grey at the sides. He wore an expensive looking black suit, and dark dress shoes to match. The woman, who I assumed was his wife, had a petite looking model figure, she wore a black pencil skirt, black pumps and blouse along with a black blazer.

"Ma, these friends of yours?" I inquired, while grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Beverly," she began nervously, "These people are; Mr. and Mrs. Veil," She said, while looking between me and them awkwardly. She continued, "Erm, we have something important to tell you."

"Mom, you're being awkward. Stop that." I told her and she looked at me and took a deep breath.

"Beverly, when I found out that I was pregnant with you I was very young and your father had already left. Times were rough and I could barely support myself, let alone a baby. I was desperate and someone offered me a deal I couldn't turn down. I rushed into a decision that I now regret so very much." She told me while letting out a deep, sorrowful sigh as she finished.

"What? Did you put me up for adoption, and they are now coming to collect me? Because I can leave." I said as I slowly made my way to the door and grabbed the keys from the table.