A Special Surprise

A Special Surprise

In about a week I was approached by Brandon in the kitchen. I have started planning a bit of the wedding but not much.

"Here." He handed me his credit card and eyed him.

"What do you want me to do with this? Blow your money."

"I have something else for you to blow." He winked and I couldn't stop the laugh that came from my mouth and we both chuckled as I smacked his shoulder.

"No, you need a dress and you need stuff for the wedding. I have a lot of money."

"By myself?" I asked.

"No, I got someone to go with you." He said gesturing behind him. Then a small blonde with laugh lines came bouncing around the corner and my eyes widened.

"Mom!?" I said dropping the credit card and running towards her. I got my height from my father and she was tiny. I hugged her tightly.

"Oh my little cupcake..." She said rubbing my back soothingly.

"Are you ready to go shopping?" She asked grinning. I nodded and we walked out to the front door. I had on blue jeans with rips in the knees and a plain dark olive green shirt that ended just at my waist band.

"Here." He said handing me his car keys and the credit card.

"Are you spoiling me? Are you my sugar daddy?" I said whispering the last part so my mom couldn't hear and he laughed while taking my jaw into his hands and looking down at me.

"That is exactly who I am." He said while pressing a sweet and gentle kiss to my lips and I smiled while saying goodbye and then heading out to the car.

"So, how is everything?" She asked.

"It's all right. I had another two people who tried to sell me, you know?" I said and she sighed while shaking her head.

"I know and I am so sorry, pumpkin." She said touching my arm and I nodded.

"Is Brandon good?"

"Yes. He looks like he would be an ass-"

"Language." She chided.

"A bum." I corrected.

"But he is actually better than I expected."

"I've missed you. The house is so empty without you. I think I came home too tired one day and I was calling out to you for hours...realizing you weren't home."

"Mom you need to calm down on working. You need to get sleep." I said turning into the mall. It had a top bridal studio in it along with some bridal stores. As I got out I realized body guards were following us. I guess he really wanted me to be safe...

But before I went in I stopped her.

"Mom? Do you miss dad?" I asked.

"I miss him so much darling...Everyday I pray for him to come home...but I know he won't." She said forcing a sad smile onto her face.

"Would you be happy if you could see him?"

"I would love it. But...he's dead sweetie."

"You can't do that. I can." I said. I focused on a shadow in the parking lot and my dad appeared. I made him able to be seen by the public.

"Dean..." My mom whispered happily.

"Kayla." He smiled. She walked over and went to hug him but she just slipped through and she looked down sadly and my dad did the same.