Alterations

Alterations

I was due for alterations about two weeks before the wedding. I was also going to the palace to begin to set up. I also had to give Danny a surprise call.

"Hello?" His familiar voice asked.

"Hi best friend." I said smiling like an idiot and I heard him laugh.

"Hey best friend! Oh my God I miss you so much." He laughed.

"Same. It has been so long, how is uni? You got a boyfriend or girlfriend?" I grinned and he groaned and I could picture him rolling his eyes.

"It's all right. The parties here are lame." He said.

"Maybe you just don't get invited to the good ones because you're a loser." I teased while sticking my tongue out.

"Oh shut up, like you would be invited to them. Anyways I'm almost home, we need to meet up and you're paying because you have been working at that crusty sport's store." He said and my laughter faltered.

"Yes we will, I will pay and we will get ready for my wedding." I said and the line was silent.

"Wedding?" He asked.

"Yea, found out that mother dear sold me of when I was a baby. I have an arranged marriage to this guy-"

"I haven't even met him and you're marrying him? What happened to the pact of judging our significant other before we marry them?" He asked me.

"Trust me, I know. I wasn't too happy when I found out. I tried running away about a million times. But, we're getting married in two weeks." I said.

"Two weeks? Do you even know the guy?" He asked.

"Yea, I have been with him for the past five months."

"Five months? Bev, that's not even half a year."

"Some people get married after like two months." I said trying to make the situation sound good.

"Okay...and which ones were successful?" He asked me.

"Well it's just that he's a werewolf and he is going to be King-" I blurted and he cut me off.

"Hold on, hold on." He said beginning to laugh.

"Did you say werewolf King?" He asked while laughing hysterically at me and I said nothing while waiting for him to shut up.

"Beverly, werewolves aren't real. Are you watching those Teen Wolf shows? They aren't real, babe." He always called me babe and I did the same to him.

"Danny, I am being dead serious. In fact, there is such a thing as demons and vampires."

"No there is not, Beverly."

"Danny I know because my father is a demon, along with all my past grandfathers."

"Your dad has been dead for several years, Bev."

"Yes but I am a descendant of demons so I can see them. I can see all dead demons and bring them back to life, I can read minds...I can do crazy shit."

"What am I thinking about?" He asked.

"What are you going to be eating for dinner." I stated.

"That's not fair because I am always thinking about food. So, these mythical creatures are actually real? I could have been dating a girl that was a vampire?"

"Possibly."

"That's pretty cool."

"You'll believe me even more once you're out here. They have a whole pack and everything."