Friends

SAM'S POV

After Klaus showed me the most beautiful nursery any pregnant girl would be proud of, he took me to dinner. "What would you like to eat?" He asked. I had had a few cravings over the last couple of weeks. "Pizza, pickles and ice cream." I gave him a cute smile. "You truly are pregnant." He smiles walking me to the Tahoe.

I get in the passenger seat and he slides in the driver seat. I look at him and remember how far he truly has come in the century or so since I've known him. He used to be a monster. 

*Flashback*
1890

We were in New Orleans. He settled me in a room in the Mikaelson Compound. He gave me a bed and a roof over my head but Rebekah made sure I had the finer things, like beautiful cloths, my guitar, and my journal. She and I would make a trip, at least once a week, to a clothing store to get dresses. After Klaus granted me a daylight ring, per Elijah's orders. Klaus used to go out every night just to slaughter innocent people. He brought me along this particular night, after Marcel had told him that I would not drink from a human unless Marcel would put the blood in a glass and never told me whether or not he disposed of the person. I didn't want to be a monster.

But when Klaus brought me out, He asked me "Why not kill people? It's how we live. We are vampires, as you are aware." He looked at me with bewilderment when I said "Just because we are vampires, doesn't mean we have to act like monsters." He tilted his head with his fangs extended. "You've been talking to Elijah, haven't you?" I shook my head. "I don't want to be a monster, Niklaus. I am happy that you saved me from death, but I'm not going to kill anyone." He looked at me with amazement. "How do you expect to survive?" I looked at him with disdain. "I am not weak. I will find a way to survive without killing someone." I walked away, not looking back. 

*End of Flashback* 

He had said something that I didn't catch because I was too lost in my memories. We were not together until about a year later. I asked "What did you say? I'm sorry I was lost in thought." He smiled. He knew when I got to thinking about something that I would lose myself. He repeated hisself. "I said where do you want to eat at?" I thought for a minute then said. "Can we pick the food up then take it back to the house?" He nodded. I suspect he believes that I don't want people to see me pregnant but the truth is I want to spend time with him for a while. I missed our alone time. We picked up the food and started toward the boarding house. 

"What going on in that pretty little head?" He asked. I guess he asked because I haven't really spoken alot. "Just thinking about the time you took me hunting." He laughed. "Alot of good that did. You still haven't killed anyone." I smiled. He was right, I haven't killed anyone. I haven't had the desire, until I met Elena. She brought out the worst in me. We reached the boarding house, walked inside and up the stairs to my room. He carried the food the whole way. He was such a gentlemen. He opened the pizza. "Let me go get some plates." I walk down the stairs and to the kitchen. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I heard you tried to kill Elena, today." Stefan said. I turned to him with plates in hand. "I wanted to really bad but Klaus stopped me." Stefan looked at me with a stern look and I smiled an innocent smile. "Why do you hate her?" Did he really just ask me that. "Um for one, she called my child the spawn of satan. Then she called my fiance, the devil. And she is stringing you and Damon along and you don't see that, do you? You don't see that she gives sideways glances at Damon and gives him hope that they will be together. So call me crazy, but I'm not a fan of the Elena Gilbert." He looks at his shoes. "They are friends." I smile and say. "No me and Elijah are friends. Me and Rebekah, friends. Me and Kol, friends. Me and Fin, ok to be honest I've never met Fin. but you get the point." He nods his head. I start back up the stairs. "Stefan, just watch your back with her." I continued up the stairs to my room.

I hand Nik a plate. I grabbed pizza and a spoon, that I'm glad I didn't forget, to eat icecream. I stopped before I took a bite and looked at him with his grace, as we sat on the floor and pigged out on pregnancy food. "Will you stay the night with me?" I asked. It's been close to a year since we shared a bed and I missed him being next to me when I woke up. He touched my face with the back of his hand. "Of course I will, love."