Info

KLAUS' POV

I had heard singing. It was Samantha. I followed the sound. I saw her sitting on the shore by the Quarry. She was gorgeous. I listened to her singing. When she finished, I said "That was beautiful, love." She nodded not looking at me. She was upset. She never looked at me when she was upset. What could have her so upset? I walked up beside her and sat down. "You want to talk about it?" I asked. She shook her head. When she got like this, which wasn't very often, she would seclude herself and play her music. I thought maybe if she played for me then maybe I would understand. But she wouldn't play for anyone when she felt like this. What was going on? It's killing me not knowing. 

I heard a voice behind me. "Sam, are you okay?" I turned to see Damon. She nodded. I saw tears down her cheek. Was that because of me? He walked up and sat on the other side. "You don't have to keep it bottled  up. You need to talk to someone." She looked at him then at me. I saw tears flowing and I wanted to tell her everything was alright. I wanted to tell her that I would kill anyone who ever harmed her. Damon stood and started walking away. "Samantha, if you want him to prove to you that he wants nothing but the best for you and my nephew then maybe you should tell him everything." Then he walked from sight. What isn't she telling me? I have known her for over a century. How could she keep anything from me? 

She looked at me and I could tell she had a thousand words she needed to tell me. "What is it, sweatheart?" I looked at her stroking her cheek with the back of my hand. "I don't want to talk about it, Nik." Now I knew there was something seriously wrong. She only called me Nik for two reasons. She was either needing something from me or she was hiding something from me. I looked confused and I'm sure it showed on my face. "Samantha, I'm here for you and the baby. I promise. Nothing will harm you and I have pure intentions." She nodded touched my face, tears still flowing. She smiled "I'm sure you do. There is just some things that I need to deal with myself." I looked at her. I knew if she got angry she would spill her secrets to me. But I didn't want her angry. "I'm here if you need me, love." I got up and walked away. 

I was angry that she didn't trust me with whatever it was that she was hiding. How can she be so selfish? I wanted to be here for her. I walked to the Salvatore boarding house. Damon had already made it back. He and Stefan were standing in the family room, talking. I reached the doorway. "Would you two like to enlighten me on what she is hiding from me?" I looked to each of them. They stood there stunned. Damon spoke first "It isn't our place." I was getting angry. "Well, it appears that she isn't going to open up about the situation." Stefan stepped forward. "Klaus, she has been through alot. During life and death. Maybe if you give her time?" This was stated as a question. Damon looked at his feet. I knew I wasn't going to get any information from them. They would not divulge what I needed. I turned to leave and saw Samantha coming through the door. I nodded to her. She nodded back. She walked up to me and said "Come with me."