Why?

KLAUS' POV

It's funny how much I trust my brother. I do not trust anyone, but Elijah appeals to my better nature. I ran home hoping they would be there. I stood outside the door when I heard a piano being played. I had only bought the piano for Samantha. She begged me for a piano. She loved music and I loved that about her. She was defiant, passionate, and caring. Who wouldn't love her? I walked in the house and stood in the foyer just to listen to her voice. How is she so talented? She had been this way since I first met her but it seems, since she came back to Mystic Falls, that I didn't really know her at all. I never knew we were the same. Mikael had treated me with such disdain because of what my mother had done. My mother betrayed him as did her mother. Her mother had also betrayed her father and she felt the same wrath from her father as I did.

I stood listening to the beautiful voice that I loved. I walked in the room and she stopped singing. Elijah had made himself scarce as he saw me. He knew that I needed to talk to her. "Why did you not leave?" I asked her. I was curious. She was angry with me for deceiving her, I'm sure of it. She smiled and stated "Have I ever done anything you wanted me to?" I smiled and hung my head. She was right. She never in the century that I've known her  done what I wanted or asked. "It is dangerous for you here. I wanted you safe." I said as a whisper. I looked me in the eyes, as if she was going to compel me, and said "I can handle it. We are not weak, Nik. This baby and I, we are here to stay. We are not leaving you." I looked at her with my mouth hung open. She had shocked me. People hardly ever shocked me but Samantha always seemed to be the one to do it. She looked at me. "I'll be having my ring back, now." I went into my pocket and fetched her ring and placed it on her finger. "You knew all along." She nodded. How was this possible? "Then why did you make a scene?" I asked. She smiled. "I wanted you and Damon to think that you had, in fact, drove me out of town. But what you two fail to see, I'm here. I'm staying and I really wish that you would stop trying to drive me away." I smiled and nodded. 

I stood there looking in her eyes. She was mine and no one elses. I loved that when she was passionate about something no one could take that from her. When I met her, she saved me and had been everyday since. I had been falling in love with her everyday of her existence and wasn't aware I was doing it until now. She has opened my eyes. I took her face in my hand and met her lips with mine. Gently kissing the woman that I love. She was beautiful. As I kissed her, I put my hand on her stomach. I felt a kick. I broke the kiss and looked at her. "What was that?" She smiled "The baby was saying hello to her daddy." We smiled at each other, when I kissed her again.