The baby

DAMON'S POV

I am in the family room standing by the fire place. I am thinking. How can Sam be so broken? She was my life, at one point. I took a sip of my bourbon. This is how I have lived my life, since I lost her. I feel as though she was still gone. I can't seem to talk to her about anything I would have a century ago. She stayed here and her body was here but where was her mind? I need my little sister. I need my humanity to get through this. How is my baby sister having a baby of her own. The only person with answers about this 'miracle' child is locked up downstairs. My feet started moving towards the cellar before I knew what I was doing. I want answers.

I get to the cellar door. I look in and see the woman I was once in love with. She knew I was here, I could tell by the smile on her face. She said "I was wondering how long it would take for you to come see me." I looked at my shoes. How did she know that I would come to see her? I always have sarcasm on my side. "Well, curiosity got the best of me." Her smile grew wider. "And what are you curious about?" This was going to bite me in the ass, I just know it. I stated "The baby." Her face dropped. This child had her scared. What is she afraid of? "This isn't going to end well, Damon. That girl is carrying a child that will raise Klaus to power." I shook my head. "Doesn't he already have power?" She shook her head to that response. "He will have more. That child will be his key to create hybrids." I stood stunned. "You're lying." 

She stepped closer to the door. "What makes you think I am lying?" I stood in a sure position, glass in hand. "It's what you do, Kathrine." She shook her head. "This is the truth. Ask the bennett witch. She will be able to tell you. This child doesn't need to make it to this world." I got angry. "You never get the chance to harm it. You will rot in this cell." I started walking away when she yelled "I am not worried about it. Mikael is on his way." My eyes grew wide.