XX

==Twenty==

[Zayn’s POV]

            It was early morning, maybe half past seven. I had waken Niall up and told him I was going to grab a shower and go for a jog, which was something I started doing. Niall was so muscular that I started feeling like a shrimp next to him, so working out was something I started doing a lot of. The mornings around this time are always dead, and ever since the police put that curfew on us, barely anyone steps foot outside. I knew that people who worked were given paid time off, including me. Since I still worked for Louis Tomlinson and his laboratory, I still got paid. We all just lucked out that while everyone was given time off, the building that collapsed was being rebuilt on high alert in case something happens, like Harry attacking it.

            I was in mid run and turned into the back entrance of the park, behind all the trees and rocks.  I liked running my fastest through the trees, that way, when I took my small break I was in the open part of the park, able to look at pond or the people who were early birds like me. It didn’t take long for me to get out of the back half; in fact, it was a new personal best. As I turned around the bend in the path, I saw a few people who were familiar to me. Immediately I paused the music coming from my ear buds and backtracked to hide behind a tree. I saw Harry and Ed talking to someone, but I could get a clear view of his face.

            I could only hear snippets of what Harry was saying, but not enough to actually piece together their conversation. I was biting down on my lip as I kept my eyes on the guy who had his back turned to me. I had no idea who it could’ve been since there was basically no one here for Harry or Ed to bother with, expect for Niall, and Niall was sleeping back at the house.

            I was about to retreat home, to tell Niall what’s up but then the third body turned around briefly and I almost blew my cover by screaming. The face I saw was Liam’s and he looked completely fine and normal, if not better, than how I remembered him. Harry started to back away and I heard him mention something about a mission that he and Ed were on, and now Liam joined their team.

            I gave it a few minutes before I retraced my steps and ran back home to Niall. I was in a panic and had no clue how Liam was still alive given what Niall did to him. But what concerned me most was the mission they were on. I had no idea what they were plotting but it was in no way a good thing, at all.

            I sprinted back to my place and when I ran through the door Niall was standing in mid walk, staring at me. I placed my hands on my knees and started to pant loudly. He had a pleasant look on his face, “Pushed yourself I see.” I waved him off, trying to tell him that that wasn’t the answer. I have him a grunt, and in return, he looked at me, puzzled.

            “No. We’re in deep shit, Niall.” I said in between breaths as I stood up, “In the park I saw Harry and Ed.”

            “What were they saying?” This made Niall stand at attention and stiffen up, “Are they planning something?”

            “All I could understand is that they’re on a mission, but I don’t know what it is or what the result will be.” I noticed Niall shaking his head. He knew we were in for it as well. He pulled at his hair and let out a loud groan and I moved over towards the kitchen, “I don’t know what we can do.” I started to bite my nails as Niall tossed me a dramatic shrug.