VIII

==Eight==

[Niall’s POV]

I was growing weak fast due to lack of sleep and lack of energy. My running had slowed down to a slow walk as my world was spinning and walking was the maximum I could do. I had lost count of how many days I had been out here in the forest, but I knew I didn’t have many more left before I collapsed over in starvation and exhaustion. I stopped moving and took several deep breaths, trying my hardest to regain focus on the path in front of me. In the beginning my reason to run was to see Zayn, but then I continued running just so I could survive, and to be honest, the probability of surviving was slim, very slim.

My vision cleared up and I wasn’t as dizzy as before. I sucked in a breath and tried running in a straight line once more. I was able to run for a solid five minutes before I felt like falling to the ground once again. I started panting and gasping for air. Being able to run faster than the normal person had its benefits, but it also meant I had to have an excessive amount of energy and fluids inside of me, both of which I were lacking.

I decided to change my pace and walk for a while to store as much energy as possible. I was walking with my hands planted on the trees around me for support for about what felt like twenty minutes when I heard the loud honk of a horn. I snapped my head up and my senses started going in overdrive. I started hearing the voices of people, the barking of dogs. I heard civilization and this gave me the motivation to pick up my slack and run full out for the next little bit.

I soon broke through the forest and found myself in some sort of local park, however there were no signs of humans, no kids, no dogs, not even a single car. But it was definitely an improvement to my previous surroundings. I took in a deep breath and exhaled it slowly, slowing my heart rate and clearing my head. I looked up to the sky – I was definitely back home – the weather was atrocious and the sky was almost pitch black.

I took a few more steps into the park area and as I did so my ears twitched at the sound of someone swinging on the swings. I turned my body towards the play equipment and watched as a hooded figure swung on the swings by themselves. Something started pulling me towards the figure, even though I tried to fight it, my body kept moving closer. The body slowly stopped swinging as I approached, and when I was standing on the gravel the figure got up.

It was clear that the person I was starring at was a boy, I could tell by the broad shoulders and the masculine legs. The figure turned to me and lifted his hood, immediately laughing when he looked into my eyes, “Niall.”

“L-Lia-Liam? What are you d-doing he-here?” I stuttered, only making him laugh more. He walked over to me, grabbing my arm and gently making me sit in the swing he was previously swinging in, “What are you doing?” I called out once more.

“You made it out of the forest.” He stated, ignoring my question.

“Yeah.”

“But barely. You’re so weak Niall. I can sense it. You need food. You need water. Without it you’re nothing. You practically dying in front of me.” Liam whispered as he moved behind me, gently placing his hands on my back, lightly pushing me on the swing.

“I’m fine.”

“Are you? Could you fight? Could you run? Could you go save Zayn?” I could hear Liam’s wicked grin as he spoke. My body tensed and I clenched my fists, wanting to get up and fight Liam, but he was right, I was in no condition to fight or anything.

“I swear, if you touch him –”

“Too late.”

“What do you mean it’s too late?” I snapped, jumping off the swing and turning around on my heel. When I turned, I felt dizzy once more and almost lost my balance. I reached out to the metal pole that supported the swing set to get a grip, stopping my self from falling over. Liam hummed and walked away from the swing, “Liam don’t fucking ignore me. What did you do to Zayn?” I shouted.