IV

==Four==

[…’s POV]

“Shut the fuck up and be quiet, Jesus!” I cursed my partner as he kept snapping branches behind me as he took a step, “We’ve just escaped and your loud ass feet will get us thrown back into that fucking prison.” I shook my head in anger and continued to quietly move through the woods.

“Calm down, not everyone gets to move as quietly as a snake.” I heard from behind me. I rolled my eyes and continued walking, ignoring the smart remarks coming from the boy behind me, “Do you even know where we’re going?”

I stopped moving and pondered his question; I really didn’t have a clue as to where I had to go. I mean, I had an idea, Zayn takes about ten minutes to drive to and from work everyday so I’m going from there, “Yes, yes I do. Now shut it.” I spat behind me. My friend groaned and started following me as I walked.

Eventually we broke out of the trees and found ourselves on a main road, full of cars and human beings, “How can Niall survive all this?” My friend asked, knowing this would overwhelm the fetus Hybrid. Both my partner and I knew that even though Niall is this almighty star Hybrid, he was dumb as a post. He was babied his entire life because he was the closet thing to perfect ever created in the laboratory. This gave him a disadvantage because while he was being babied, we were learning all there is to know about the human world. We’re more suitable for human life than Niall will ever be, but since the two of us aren’t as perfect as the stupid cheetah boy, we have to stay in the laboratory. Jokes on them though, they’ve no clue we escaped.

“We should help Niall out.” I said, grinning up to the sky, “Teach him a little lesson about humans.” I waved my friend over and we started walking down the street. The humans walked by us and ignored us. See, we were fit to be out with the humans. We walked down a few streets and turned into a complex of houses. Luck must’ve been on our side because I pointed out Zayn’s car and we hustled to his house, creeping to the back yard.

There was a big window with a patio door that displayed the entire main living area of the house. The two of us hid behind Zayn’s greenery and saw Niall standing close to Zayn. I got sense Niall’s anger. Next thing I saw was Niall punching Zayn right across the face, then Zayn having some sort of panic attack and running to another room. Soon another light flickered on and we could see Zayn sitting in the room he retreated to, and Niall standing still in the previous room. I grew curious to why Zayn reacted like he did.

“Stay here.” I whispered to my friend. He nodded and watched as I snuck up to the window displaying Zayn. I peaked into it and saw him sitting on his bed, silently crying. It was more like bawling his eyes out. I narrowed my eyes in confusion as I watched. He reached into his bedside table and took out a puffer. He shakily inhaled two puffs, then two more puffs, and then a lot more puffs and fell backwards, down onto his bed, still shaking, still terrified. His crying continued, but he seemed to have gained control over his breathing.

I walked away from the window and motioned for my friend to follow me to the patio door, “What perfect timing we have. Let’s help Zayn out and take Niall with us.” I whispered to my friend. He silently laughed and agreed. I turned back to the big glass window and saw Niall still standing there, his back to the glass. I smirked and silently pulled up the door and entered Zayn’s house unnoticed. Liam mimicked my movements. I pointed to Niall and mouthed, “Cover his mouth and pull him outside.”

Niall wasn’t aware of our presence at all until my friend was dragging him out of the patio door. He tried to make a noise but his mouth was quickly covered up. I turned to follow them out and when Niall saw whom I was his eyes widened and he tried to scream again but his mouth remained covered. I smirked once more and silently closed the patio door, turning to the forest behind Zayn’s house and made a run for it, my friend and Niall following behind me.