IX

==Nine==

[Harry’s POV]

I nodded slowly as the fake tears fell from my eyelids and rolled off my cheeks. The doctor patted my shoulder softly as he frowned, looking away so I wouldn’t see him cry. He opened the door to Zayn’s hospital room and let me in to see him ‘one last time.’ I walked quietly until I heard the click of the door – the doctor, who ever his name was, had closed it. I turned quickly and locked it manually,

“You weren’t supposed to be dying you piece of shit!” I half screamed, half whispered towards Zayn’s motionless body. Previous to this I guess I went a bit over board, and what I thought was a little damage to his back was a full out break of the spine, knocking him out cold. The doctor told me there was a small chance Zayn would live. The idiot of a man, Zayn, was still unconscious, but still alive since he was hooked up to all these machines.

I wasn’t ready for this guy to die, not yet at least. I pinched the bridge of my nose quickly started to unhook all the tubes from Zayn and flipped him over on his bed. I got on top of him, straddling him – NOT sexually – and felt his back to see where I had exactly broken it. The machines started to beep loudly and I figured I didn’t have much time left before the doctors tried to break down the locked door to come to Zayn’s rescue. I continued to feel his back until I felt the broken bit of his spinal cord.

I got up off of Zayn’s back and closed my eyes and started breathing in slowly. As I cleared my mind and focused my thoughts on Zayn, loud bangs of the door started. I silently cursed the doctors and started concentrating harder. I felt my energy was at its peak and when I opened my eyes Zayn had switched positions. I forced my thoughts towards fixing or ‘un-breaking’ Zayn’s spine and with a gross crunch coming from his back, the lad’s posture corrected itself and he jerkily fell back onto his mattress.

I backed away slowly, awaiting Zayn’s awakening. I walked slowly to the door but froze when Zayn snapped his eyes open and started viciously screaming. He was crying out in pain, but he was going to be fine I figured. I quickly unlocked the door and hid in the small opening behind the door that just big enough to fit me. The doctors came storming into the hospital room, shocked by Zayn’s sudden recovery. I smirked at myself as I carefully, and quietly slid around the door and left the room.

My body ran down the corridor, down the flights of stairs and out the main doors. The air was thick and the streets were lonely. The citizens were still being forced to stay inside because Liam and me were still alive, little did they know, we were living life with them. I took a heavy breath and watched as I exhaled a small cloud form in front of me. The chill of the wind caused me to shiver and I shielded my hands from the cold by putting them in the pockets of my long, black coat. My long legs walked me to this evacuated park where I sensed trouble. I froze in my tracks as I tried to explain to myself why I sensed this.

My mind grew clouded and my eyes shifted from side to side as I tried to pinpoint the source of this sudden worry that overwhelmed me. I saw two figures by the swing set and when I squinted my eyes I could make out Liam and Niall. I slowly started walking towards them, not being seen or heard whatsoever – they were too focused on each other. As I closed in on them, my worried state turned into panic as I noticed the evil glimmer in Niall’s eyes.

Niall had Liam’s hand in his. Liam had said something, but I couldn’t make out what he said. Niall’s mouth then started moving and as he spoke to Liam, my body stopped. I’ve never seen Niall like this. Why couldn’t Liam sense that something was wrong with him? I tried to speak out to them, but before I could I saw Niall snap Liam’s arm in two. I covered my mouth with my hand before I could let out a regretful scream. As I tried to catch my breath I saw Niall punch Liam in the face – around the nose – and Liam fell to his knees.