VI

==Six==

[Niall’s POV]

By the time I had woken up the sun had set and the moon was high in the darkness of the sky. I crawled to the outer area of the cave, not trusting my legs to stand. The outdoors was a different world when blanketed by the night sky. It was scarier and more dangerous. When I managed to crawl my way to the entrance of the cave I heard new sounds that made me jump. The hoots of owls and the howls of dogs all surrounded me. Maybe they weren’t actually as close as I thought and it was only my sense playing dirty tricks on me.

However, I was still alone in the forest, unable to move and when I opened my mouth to try and speak, words weren’t able to come out since Liam delivered a strong blow to my neck. I felt defeated. I crawled myself to the cave wall and rested my back against the wall, watching the dark, cruel world live in front of me. I crossed my arms, shivering at the sudden chills running down my spine. The temperature randomly dropped and my body began to freeze.

I was going to die out here. No doubt about it. Zayn wouldn’t be able to find me. Let alone try. He most likely hated me. I always picked him to threat and to snap at. It wasn’t fair to him, however, I didn’t know I was that harsh to make me always run off and cry. I remember a few times I would silently follow him and watch him inhale medicine from his puffer.

Was I seriously that atrocious? Was I that horrible? Maybe it was best I did die out here. Maybe it was best for Zayn. Him and I both knew I wasn’t good for him. It was bad for me to live with him. It was worse for me to fucking love him, “You’re a fucking idiot, Niall.” I cussed at myself, hot tears cleaning the dirt off my face, “He’d never love you. Never ever. Never.”

I continued to mumble to myself until I let the cold win over me and fell asleep…

I was in some weird field, the wind was blowing and my hair was limply being pushed by it. I was confused. I was lost. Where was I? I turned around until I saw a small little house that had a single tree standing beside it. The lonely tree had a broke swing, and by broken I meant one of the straps to hold it up had snapped. I felt myself walking towards that house and as I took my steps towards it, the beautiful clear blue sky faded into a dark, stormy sky.

Eventually I made it to the front of the house, and was starring at the front door. I felt as if someone, or something was telling me to go in. I absentmindedly walked up the porch steps and when I was about to reach for the doorknob, the door creaked open. I swallowed heavily and entered the house and as I did so it began to rain, the sound of thunder coming from the distance. As I fully walked into the house the door slammed shut behind me. My hand went to open it, but the door had locked from the outside. I was trapped.

Sudden panic run throughout me as the realization hit. Then, slight whispers came from the upstairs, coming from the one room with its door opened. I slowed my breathing so I could concentrate on the whispers but they had ended. Next I heard familiar giggles coming from throughout the house. They sounded as if they were coming from two separate people. The mischievous giggles transformed into booming laughter that seemed to grow and grow. Soon my mind was clouded and I couldn’t hear myself think.

“Shut up!” I shouted out to the voices. My body ran down the hallway, following the laughter but soon it ended as I reached the end of the hallway. I was face to face with a mirror, displaying myself. I looked tired, as if I had been up for days without any sleep. I extended my arm and so did my mirror self. The two of us touched each other’s hand and looked deep into each other’s eyes. I lifted my other arm and touched the hand of my mirror self again.