XIII

A LOT of you got confused about the last chapter. Even though that was the reaction I wanted, I felt as if it wasn't quite fair to you all. This chapter was written today, in hopes to somewhat remind you of what has already happened, and clarify, and solve some puzzles. I understand I don't update this story frequently enough, so I don't blame you for being confused and not knowing what's been going on. And yes, like I said, this was written today. I wasn't planing on this being the next chapter, but I felt it was required. This chapter doesn't change the plot any, and still lets me to do my original story plan. All in all, this is MY OWN SPIN OF A 'PREVIOUSLY ON' TYPE THING.

Enjoy :).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

==Thirteen==

[Niall’s POV]

“You look familiar.” I said, walking up behind Zayn, “You’re a hybrid. You’re that hybrid that escaped many years back. You’re Ed. The doctor would always mention your name.” I glared, moving an arm in front of Zayn, protecting him.

“You’re right, but I’m here to warn you.” Ed sighed, “Harry came to me. He wants you both dead, and dead quick.”

“We knew that.” I scoffed, now completely holding onto Zayn. Normally I would expect Zayn to be trembling, but instead of squirming he seemed collected and at ease. Zayn moved to my side, keeping his palm rested against my side.

“Why do you have to warn us?” Zayn’s voice was strong and confident. I turned my head and starred at him, idly listening, “What do you know?”

“Let me explain myself, can I come in?” Ed’s voice was soft, and I could sense the hesitation coming from both him and Zayn. I tensed and gripped Zayn’s sleeve as he nodded and showed Ed the living room. Ed sat down in a single chair while Zayn and I sat opposite him on the couch, “Let me start with this, I didn’t escape.”

“But Dr. Tomlinson would always tell me about the hybrid that escaped?” Zayn questioned, looking over towards me as I shrugged.

“It was planned. He let me go. He had connections with people in France and they, as a whole, had this horrific idea that I didn’t agree with and wanted to be no part of. But as a hybrid locked in that building, I also wanted to escape, so I pretended to be on board with their plan and they let me escape. Louis showed me his small little cabin where he locked himself away and head dove into his research.  But when I ran I never kept in touch and they grew furious because I was out there, fully aware of their plans. I even kept tabs on that building and on the experiments going on inside there. Zayn, were you aware of this?”

I sat straight up, my lip pursed and my mind twisted. I eyed Zayn as he had a confused look on his face as well, “He would always mention ‘the bigger picture’ and when I asked him what he meant, he said I was too inexperienced to know what he was talking about. I knew there was something, but I never knew it was something bad.”

“And this is when you come along Niall.” Ed directed towards me, “You were crossed to replace me. You were supposed to be the new me. But this time they gave you off to a human so that you would brew in pure frustration and eventually snap. Niall, he wanted you to be a killing machine that couldn’t be stopped. But his plan backfired when the two of you happened – happened as whatever you are.” Ed took a breath.

“I’m confused.” I groaned, holding my head in my hands, “So he was using me and using Zayn for this big dark project?”

“Precisely.”

“How do you know this?” Zayn questioned, the confused look vanishing, being replaced with a suspicious one.

“He showed me where he did his excess work, that small log cabin. Remember? It’s in the middle of a calm meadow. When he wasn’t there, I’d sneak in and read over his personal notes. He wrote in French, but luckily I could read it. He was beyond angry when you told him your feelings for Niall, Zayn. And he was very ecstatic when Harry and Liam kidnapped Niall. He thought it was going to direct Niall back into the direction of becoming the monster he was meant to become.” Ed frowned as he looked down to his hands.

“I was supposed to be a monster?” I whispered, mimicking Ed’s actions.

“Yes,” Ed sighed, “However, you can thank Zayn here for saving you.” Ed tried smiling. I looked over to Zayn, giving him a slight smile and mouthed the words thank you. He returned the smile and quickly looked over to Ed,

“Why are you doing this? Why’re you going against Harry?” Zayn shifted closer to the edge of the seat, biting on his bottom lip.

Ed slowly sat back against the chair as he spoke, “As a child hybrid I was never quite sure of my powers, but when I grew up I became aware of this new world around me and hated how scary I was to the human eye. When I left the laboratory I swore to myself to never kill, unless provoked with good intention. When Harry came to me the anger and lust for massacre was practically radiating off of him. When he came to me, he told me this plan he had to finish the two of you, a plan with many faults. He then brought me to Louis’ cabin; not knowing it belonged to him. That was when I knew I had to find you and get your help. If Harry gets his hands on what’s inside there, I’m afraid he’s going to get in touch with the people of France and go through with Louis’ plan. We have to go to that cabin and get the documents Louis has left behind.” Ed said, adjusting his posture.

“Why should we trust you?” I snapped, but Zayn patted my leg reassuringly. He trusted Ed.

“We aren’t going anywhere until you tell us what Dr. Tomlinson’s plan was.” Zayn stiffly said.

“It would be easier to see if for yourself.” Ed spoke, standing up and headed back to the front door, “Are you coming or not? It’s late.”

“Why do we have to go now?” I groaned, following Zayn as he walked to the door as well, “Why not tomorrow?”

“Because if we wait any longer then tomorrow could be too late. Right now may even be too late. All I know is is that we have to get moving now.” Ed lipped as he walked out of Zayn’s door. Both Zayn and I followed Ed as he took us to wherever we ere going. The pebbled streets of the town quickly changed to a forest floor of twigs and sticks. The sounds of branches snapping were everywhere, “We’re nearly there.” Ed mumbled from up ahead.

The cool night air rubbed against my bare neck and sent shivers down my spine. I had a sense of familiarity with this path Ed was taking us on. I could have sworn I’ve seen these trees before. Ed brushed through a patch of bushes, shortly followed by myself and Zayn and when we got through we were exposed to the meadow he was talking about. Ed crossed his arms and Zayn walked off to the side, looking at the darkened beauty. I, on the other hand, stood still, starring straight at the cabin in the center.

“I’ve been here before.” I whispered, turning slightly to Ed, “I’ve been here before.”

“You have?”

“In my nightmares. They keep repeating. I’m always inside that cabin and there’s a man standing on the second level leaning down over the banister. I get scared and run down this hallway towards a dead end with a mirror, then my mirror self snaps its jaw and brutally kills itself. Then I run back to the door and someone comes behind me, saying I’m the reason they died.”

“Does anything else happen?” Ed asked, fully turning to look at me.

“Yeah,” I said, “During the whole thing, there’s always two voices in the background laughing at me.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

FAN
VOTE
COMMENT