XI

==Eleven==

[Zayn’s POV]

“Zayn I’m in love with you.”

I watched the wall of my bedroom, my head laying down on Niall’s bare chest, my hand placed on his exposed abs. Every few seconds I would go up as Niall inhaled in his sleep, then go back down. I hadn’t a clue what time it was, though I wish time would freeze so I could just stay like this forever. Niall’s arm was wrapped around me and it just felt so warm. Thinking back to life before Niall, I’m surprised I was able to fall asleep before. Last night was the best sleep of my life, granted what occurred during and before bed. I felt like I slept twenty hours, but really it was more likely that I slept about an actual five. I’d have to take a nap later today.

I turned my head on his chest and looked up at his perfect face. He looked so innocent and sweet when asleep. It was hard to picture him as a beast that could snap and kill you within seconds if he wanted. I remember back in the lab, Dr. Tomlinson used to tell me that Niall, whenever he got mad, he would always break something. Niall used to always be angry, but he’s grown so much. I really was proud of him, but I was still terrified. I had just gotten him back, but I felt as if I was going to lose him again sometime soon. I didn’t want that to happen again.

“Zayn I’m in love with you.”

I felt myself getting emotional at the thought of him loving me. I never thought I’d be loved by a boy and be in this situation. Niall started to stir in his sleep and started to turn to his side, pulling me up towards him as he surrounded me in a warm hug. My hands were now both caught in between the two of us, my palms planted on his pecks. He seemed stronger than last night. He was changing and I couldn’t stop. I had to enjoy my time with him while I had it, because I hate to admit it, but something bad is going to happen. Life is never this perfect. Someone, or something, will mess it up. Maybe turn him against me, or maybe he’ll lose sense of whom he is, or maybe I’m just over thinking life right now. Why can’t I settle with being happy? Why can’t I settle with being happy with Niall.

I watched Niall sleep. His peaceful face started to change. His eyes twitched and his eyebrow furrowed together. His lips came together in a stiff straight line. There was a wrinkle in his forehead. He was having a nightmare. I poked his chest lightly, seeing if I could easily wake him up from it, but he didn’t.

“Niall?” I whispered as I felt his breathing pick up, “Niall.” I said in a normal toned voice. We were so close together; I didn’t want to yell in his face. MY fingertips started to lightly scratch at his skin, but nothing worked. In his sleep, Niall grabbed onto my hips, his grip tightening slowly. I let out a groan of discomfort, “Niall let go of me.” My voice picked up as his fingers dug into my skin. I started to push away from him, closing my eyes tightly, stopping myself from freaking out. I grunted when I pushed away and Niall let go of me. He sat up straight one hand holding his throat and another behind him, giving him support. His eyes were opened wide. He was afraid. His breathing was fast, “Did I hurt you?” He asked weakily, not daring to look at me.

“No.”

“You’re lying, aren’t you?” Niall’s eyes started glisten. He was fighting back tears but I had no idea what was going on, “Can I just be alone for a minute? Please?” He looked over to me for a second but quickly looked away as the tears trickled down his eyes. He hated crying. He hated being the weak one. I nodded once and got up, walking towards my door in only my pajama pants. Niall let out one of those heartbreaking sighs. He was trying so hard not to let it out in front of me. It pained me. Whatever upset him upset me. I made it to my door, but froze, gripping onto the frame and turned.