VII

==Seven==

[Zayn’s POV]

After another sleepless night, morning eventually came and I found myself pouring tea into a large mug. The steaming beverage burned my trachea as I sipped, but the burn was awakening. It was one of those good burns. I moved towards my couch and gave life to my television, turning the channel to the news. I boringly watched through the weather, clearly able to tell myself from looking out my large porch window.

The weather changed and soon a young looking brunette woman was on my screen. She held tightly onto her pages of notes and displayed an unbreakable poker face. She tapped the papers on her desk once and let out a sigh before she started talking. She pushed he hair behind he ears and opened her mouth,

“It all happened suddenly and out of the blue, but Dr. Louis Tomlinson and the other workers in his laboratory have been found dead late last night. All but one employee has died, Zayn Malik. He is believed to be alive, but none can be entirely sure. We have discovered the science that was going on behind the walls of that laboratory. Tomlinson had been working on cross species generation between humans and animals. The police have counted and all but three of the creations remained in the building. We’re yet to know their names, but it’s to our understanding that these three Hybrids, so they’re called, are deadly and beyond dangerous. The head of the police has issued house arrest to every citizen in town until they have captured and killed the three Hybrids. As for you, Zayn Malik, we wish you the best and hope you’re all right. If you’re watching this please give us some insight and education on these three that are missing. Thank you everyone, have a good day and remember we all have to stay inside until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience.”

The newswoman disappeared and smaller, more local news started and I turned the television off. I was ecstatic that everyone knew how dangerous Liam and Harry were and the fact that the police were searching for them comforted me. But soon that comfort vanished when I remembered that they believed Niall to be deadly too. My feelings and emotions were all over the place. I needed to find Niall, but I had to clear his name. He wasn’t evil, just afraid.

I made the decision to go against the stupid house arrest and ran out my front door, into my car, and drove to the police station. The time it took me to get there was insignificant. I parked and made my way to the doors of the building, pushing them open with a force that was brought on due to fear. Many heads rolled back to stare at me, and eyes watched me as I ran towards the head of police’s office. Now, I didn’t exactly know where it was, but the building looked exactly like the ones in the movies, so I took my chances.

“Excuse me!” I shouted, partly by accident, as I opened the office door labeled ‘Officer Josh Devine – Head of Police’.

“Can I help you?” Officer Devine questioned, eyeing me confusingly, “You seem tense, do you want to sit down?” I shook my head and stood in front of his desk, looking down at him. He slowly reached for his coffee mug and took a long sip, never breaking his gaze.

“I’m Zayn Malik.” I said as he placed the mug on his desk. When he heard my name, his eyes opened wide and he stood up. He walked over and grabbed my shoulders, pushing me down into the chair behind me. He walked over to his door, locked it, and knelt down in front of me.

“Zayn… We need to have a chat. A long and serious chat.” Officer Devine said, his lips forming a strict line. I nodded slowly and watched his eyes shift all about my body as he examined me thoroughly. Officer Devine suddenly patted my thigh and sat down in his chair on the other side of his desk, “So, I’m going to ask you to talk, and I’m going to listen.”