Lets Run Away Together- Part 7

Okay, this is a bit of a sad chapter! I didn't mean to upset you all (if you get upset)! 

Jr:

She blamed me for this, I was the reason my sister ran away! I got in my car and drove on, not knowing where to go and certainly not caring. I parked in town and went into a club, walking to the bar and ordering a load of shots, doing each one and not caring about the consequences.

8 hours later

I stumbled out of the club, heading for my car. I wasn’t drunk, just- Happy. I got in my car and started to drive towards home at high speed. I wasn’t bothered breaking the law, I’m Nathan James Sykes Jr for gods sake!

I flipped, everything went dark.

Alexis:

The Kaneswaran’s had gone home about an hour after Jr left, they agreed it wasn’t my fault Jr left. I didn’t mean it that way. I spent some time with my parents, it was nice to see them after that time apart. I was awoken by someone knocking on the front door, I looked at the time. It’s 1am, who on earth is knocking at this hour? I heard my dad walk downstairs and I heard muffled speech, I opened my door and listened carefully. A few minutes later the door closed and my dad walked upstairs.

Nathan- Get dressed Alexis…

Alexis- What?

Nathan- Just do as you’re told!

I went into my room and started to get changed. Something was wrong but I had no idea what.  Once I was dressed I went downstairs to find the police stood there.

Nathan- Okay, we’re all ready.

Alexis- Dad? What’s going on?

Becca- I-It’s Jr…

Alexis- What is?

Nathan- He’s been in an accident, it’s not looking too good…

Alexis- W-What?

Nathan- We have to go.

We piled into the police car, my father holding my mum’s hand whole time, his face full of concern, his eyes full of hurt. I had caused this by blaming my brother, I was stupid to do that. He wasn’t at fault at all.

The ride to the hospital was short, we got out and were lead into the room where he lay. I watched as my mother fell to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably into her hands. I slowly walked over to Jr and held his hand.

Alexis- I’m sorry Jr, I never meant to blame you. You weren’t at fault. Please wake up, I need my big brother. I need him to tell me what an idiot I’ve been. To shout at me or dying my hair. Please Jr. Please!

Nathan- We need to talk about if they say he may never wake up.

Becca- No! He will wake up! He has to!

Alexis- He’s a Sykes dad! You’ve always said Sykes’ are strong! We don’t give up and now you’re basically telling your son to do just that!

I looked at my parents, I had never spoke to them like this ever.

Alexis- You’ve got to tell him to be strong to wake up not f****** die! He’s your son! For gods sake!!

Becca- Alexis Marie Sykes how dare you speak to your father like that!

Oh now she finds her voice!

Alexis- How dare I speak to him like that?! How dare he say that about my brother! His son!